All-time best Private Stock color?

I've always really liked the fades and purple so... Purple Fade
PSpurpleFade.jpg

You can get one of these from Jack at Northeast Music Center without going private stock:

Thanks guys...of course I agree....different from every angle...always stunning....
FA93736F-E144-4A83-98C8-02B479185642-947-0000005AEF886BCA_zpsc072ec60.jpg

72E6086B-FF63-4FF5-AE36-6C123152F31C-947-0000005B01D3D4D0_zpsb1c15405.jpg

Yep, this guitar damn-near makes me weep.....so elegant, sexy, and captivating. I keep going back to where you first posted this masterpiece. I am soooo incredibly envious.

That 305 with the Sandstorm finish is just fantastic.
I've always really liked the fades and purple so... Purple Fade
PSpurpleFade.jpg

I like this since it also shows the wood so well...
Sandstorm
PS_SandstormFade.jpg

And this is just very cool - I think it's called Tequila Sunrise?
PS_TequilaSunriseFade.jpg

I have seen plenty goes of this color, but this guitar is THE example. Few, if any, have matched it's beauty.

8378925773_2cdaf5b13f_b.jpg

All amazing colors and instruments!!

5+PS+4.jpg

From left to right - Jade Glow, a custom Orange Glow Smokeburst created with Paul Miles, a custom Aquamarine with an extra washcoat to give it more contrast, a custom Armando's Amethyst Smokeburst, and good old Santana Yellow.

Of my five creations, I dig the Jade Glow and the Orange Glow Smokeburst the most, both for the finishes, and for the amazing instruments they are.

But all five are off the hook, no complaints!!

I have had several different PS colors, but I would have to say that Tigers Eye is probably my pick for the "All-time best" color. It certainly has been the most popular for years! Your thoughts?
Markie, Yes, I agree that Tiger Eye is the benchmark rugged, classic color in the land of Private Stock Powerhouse finishes. A couple other awesome flavors: the wicked Charcoal Cherry Burst and the glassy, tough Triple Faded Indigo.
DFD

Markie, Yes, I agree that Tiger Eye is the benchmark rugged, classic color in the land of Private Stock Powerhouse finishes. A couple other awesome flavors: the wicked Charcoal Cherry Burst and the glassy, tough Triple Faded Indigo.
DFD

The mighty DFD giving it up for the wickedness that is Charcoal Cherry Burst!

Sometimes I want another. I love it that much.

I agree with you Markie. I LOVE Tiger Eye. When I spec'd my ME245, I originally was going to get Vintage Yellow. But I just couldn't get away from Tiger Eye. I ended up with a Tiger Eye Burst, which a lot of folks call "Lobby Burst" after the Private Stock in the PRS office lobby. I wouldn't change a thing on this guitar.

21601CC5-A89C-4DC9-AF2D-F25F5635B34F-781-00000051EA5BD211_zps7a6ad26f.jpg

Its very beauty... how can make tiger eye finishes like this ??

golden rod- I would love to the October PS#2925 in this years calendar. I love this guitar!!!!

PS #65 IRW neck, BRW board, semi-hollow McCarty model, one piece double stained Tiger's Eye top. Still safe and sound in my home.

PS #108 Santana II, semi-hollow, SC thickness, BRW neck and board, Tiger's Eye. Sold
[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Back