All Right Now!

I’m pretty sure he was.

Edit: looks like he was 20 years old, apologies.
Well even at 20 his work is impressive!

I can not play like him. I love his quick vibrato but can't pull it off.

My buddy Kevin put down drums and bass with a scratch track for vocal reference. I have left and right guitars recorded with my 89 cu24 plugged into my Mesa Stiletto and it sounds impressive. I've made a couple attempts at the lead stuff but what I have down doesn't have "it".

I may try stringing my McCarty with 9s to see if I can get that fluid feel into the guitar leads. I have to do it while wife and son are gone because it seems to help get the leads right I need copious amounts of amp volume.

Hopefully I can get back to it soon.

The triplet parts to the solo, I use both a pick and my fingers, for a more natural feel.

His sound isn’t as overdriven as most people play it. However his studio sound is totally different to the live sound.

Well even at 20 his work is impressive!

I can not play like him. I love his quick vibrato but can't pull it off.

My buddy Kevin put down drums and bass with a scratch track for vocal reference. I have left and right guitars recorded with my 89 cu24 plugged into my Mesa Stiletto and it sounds impressive. I've made a couple attempts at the lead stuff but what I have down doesn't have "it".

I may try stringing my McCarty with 9s to see if I can get that fluid feel into the guitar leads. I have to do it while wife and son are gone because it seems to help get the leads right I need copious amounts of amp volume.

Hopefully I can get back to it soon.

Exactly! It's a cleaner tone than most people realise and too much overdrive kills the vibe in my opinion.

The triplet parts to the solo, I use both a pick and my fingers, for a more natural feel.

His sound isn’t as overdriven as most people play it. However his studio sound is totally different to the live sound.
And yes live versions are a lot different as on the studio version there are two different parts left and right. They are simular but definitely different.

One of my favourite songs to play and sing. Just love Paul Rodgers voice and Kossoff’s playing on that track as a 16 year old was so great!

He was only 16 years old when he recordered that?????

He was born in September 1950, and All Right Now came out on Free’s 3rd album, Fire and Water, in 1970. He was probably 19, which is still damn impressive.

Yeah, not many teenagers are ready to go in the studio with Steve Marriott. I'm considerable older than that and I'm still not ready.

Um, if you’re still preparing to go into the studio with Steve Marriott, I’ve got some disappointing news for you...

BYW, I’ve been watching some movies on Shorts TV the last few months (note to Alnus, the channel name means it’s a channel devoted to short movies, not movies about underwear). They had one with Martin Freeman playing Steve Marriott. It was about him coping with no longer being a big star - he was preparing to play a pub the same day as Live Aid. It’s called Midnight Of My Life.

Here’s the trailer:

Um, if you’re still preparing to go into the studio with Steve Marriott, I’ve got some disappointing news for you...

BYW, I’ve been watching some movies on Shorts TV the last few months (note to Alnus, the channel name means it’s a channel devoted to short movies, not movies about underwear). They had one with Martin Freeman playing Steve Marriott. It was about him coping with no longer being a big star - he was preparing to play a pub the same day as Live Aid. It’s called Midnight Of My Life.

Here’s the trailer:

When you say "short" you aren't kidding! That was so short, it didn't even have a plot line.

Paul Rodgers was 21 when Free recorded "All Right Now", Paul Kassoff was 20. Not sure when they first played it together though. Doesn't matter, iconic song at any rate. Rodgers is still acclaimed as the best rock vocalist in the world. I can't/won't argue that.
But that video is freaking AWESOME! Great pipes on the vocals for sure. The whole thing just rocks.

Paul Rodgers was 21 when Free recorded "All Right Now", Paul Kassoff was 20. Not sure when they first played it together though. Doesn't matter, iconic song at any rate. Rodgers is still acclaimed as the best rock vocalist in the world. I can't/won't argue that.
But that video is freaking AWESOME! Great pipes on the vocals for sure. The whole thing just rocks.
thank you, very much

While the musicianship on "All Right Now" receives an A+, I have never seen anyone get that close to Paul Rodgers' vocals. That guy has a set of pipes.

Back