All over the place, or in a case...

For those of you who use String Swings - do you have a problem with the rubber reacting with a nitro finish? cjmwrx, I see you have something wrapped around the rubber, no?

Yes, I have had the Hercules stands react with Nitro, so I just wrap them with black cotton from old underwear. :cool:

Mine stay in the cases, I keep a Squire strat leaning on my dresser next to the bed for those random moments of inspiration.

For those of you who use String Swings - do you have a problem with the rubber reacting with a nitro finish? cjmwrx, I see you have something wrapped around the rubber, no?

Never with StringSwing, to Off-the-Wall hangers...

Jamie

I had an old stand with latex react with my Cu24 in an odd way. Caused chipping. Otherwise, the StringSwings are great, allowing me to display them in my living room. Err...my wifey let's me display them in the living room, that is. They are all out on stands unless en route to a gig.

Rack:

7-in-rack.jpg

On Hercules slatwall hangers. If they are all out and easy to grab, they all get played. Before the ones in the cases stayed in the cases and I only played the one that was out. I use the hangers to keep them off the ground due to a dog and kids (more worried about the kids).

I have 3 electrics and 1 accoustic out at all times. The rest stay nice and safe in their cases.

Cases, display cases, and on the wall:

In my band rehearsal room:
GIGGINGGUITARS.jpg

In my office:
GUITARSHANGINGINOFFICE004.jpg

In my conference room:
GUITARSHANGINGINOFFICE007.jpg

In my coffee table (which is white oak, believe it or not):
GUITARTABLE.jpg

In my claro and bastogne bookcases:
POINTBESTSIE9-06186.jpg

In clear guitar display cases:
GUITARSHANGINGINOFFICE010.jpg

Last edited:
In the cases, I don't like to have to keep adjusting them all the time from changes in temperature and I hate the way strings get when left out.

Back