All over the place, or in a case...

I have a bunch of "Hercules" wall mount hangers in a "sawtooth" pattern on my wall - I keep the the axes hanging on the wall when in the house. When I take them with me I have stands that I bring along.... My guitars spend very little time in their cases - only when travelling.

Cheers!

Gary

My "beater" is the only one that does not stay in the case, learned my lesson long ago.

Most are hanging from StringSwing hangers on the wall. The acoustics (which are more humidity sensitive), stay in their cases...

Jamie

I've got 'em all over the place & in cases. They're not out for display; they're out to be played & knocked over, (I even have guitars in my kitchen).

If mine aren't being played, they're in the case.

"Owning" them and taking unnecessary risks aren't the same thing to me.

Mostly out on hangers or in stands. I find I play a lot more that way.

In cases in the guitar closet at all times when not being played.

4 and 5 year old kids = CASE
I have a 3 1/2 year old tornado, so mine are up high (she's more interested in the drums anyway!). I have definitely found that I'm more likely to play in general, or try something different as far as tones are concerned, if they're all out.
IMG_20111110_150148.jpg

Most of mine are in cases at any one time. I have a small number of oldies hanging in the library. I recently got a couple of humidity controlled display cases for acoustics - more to better manage the humidity than to display them.
I often keep the last few I've played out on stands in the music room and when the stands fill up I put them away and start over.

Mine are always in cases. I love the cases so much, I hang them on the wall with Case Contraptions so that I can look at, and enjoy the beauty of the case design.

As soon as my unpleasant guitar work is done, those guitars go right back in the case, and the case gets hung on the wall so that I can reach for it whenever I need a hug.

There's a rumor that a case should be kept in a case cover, and I heartily agree, but it's hard to find a case cover that's as awesomely cool as the case itself. So, a dilemma. I also collect accordion cases, but they're a little harder to hang on a wall, because they stick out so much.

I would keep all my clothing in suitcases, and hang them on the wall, too, but my wife is already objecting to the accordion cases hanging in our bathroom.

In all seriousness, I do keep them cased, I've found over 45 years of playing that it keeps the guitars in better shape, and more ready to play, with fewer adjustments than if I keep them out.

Last edited:
On stands/hangers when at home or in use. I have hangers on the wall next to the practice stool. Easier than stands, and always out of tripping range.

To me, the are just instruments. If something happens, it was meant to happen. I got enough other crap to sweat.

P6052670.jpg

For those of you who use String Swings - do you have a problem with the rubber reacting with a nitro finish? cjmwrx, I see you have something wrapped around the rubber, no?

Back