All Hail Larry Urie

Uncle Larry rocks!

My Mahogany Concept Tonare is in my grubby hands only due to him...

Although his beard/moustache can be intimidating... :shock:

And don't get him purple... You won't like him when he's purple... :lol:

Uncle Larry is one of the most honest, coolest, friendliest, interesting men I have ever had the pleasure to know. And to be able to call him my friend makes me truly proud.

He scares me....I've had the please of getting my ass chewed by him. I deserved it as I caused his phone to ring off the hook for a few days straight. :lol: Seriously.....He and a few others back there are some of the coolest people I've met !!!!

He has absolutely NO idea who I am....BUT he made sure the guitar I won last year went home with a gig bag. He's a great dude, and I really enjoyed talking with him for the 20 minutes I got to at the Experience last year.

iahawk36 said:
He has absolutely NO idea who I am....BUT he made sure the guitar I won last year went home with a gig bag. He's a great dude, and I really enjoyed talking with him for the 20 minutes I got to at the Experience last year.

Did he hook you up with the knee pads, too???

cwhenke said:
iahawk36 said:

Iahawk brought his own...

Zilmo said:
cwhenke said:
iahawk36 said:

Iahawk brought his own...

HEY - Clayton and Z....

BASTIDS!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Uncle Larry, Junior Clark and Chicago Joe stopped by the store today. Three great guys. Power trio right there I tell you.

Uncle Larry, Junior Clark and Chicago Joe stopped by the store today. Three great guys. Power trio right there I tell you.

Thanks for the heads up about them coming, Ron. I didn't get a chance to talk to Junior or Joe much, but it was cool to talk to Larry and hear all of his PRS stories from back in the day. Larry's got a lot of passion for what he does but didn't seem angry at all to me. B-)

A nice and humble man for sure. I remember at the '08 Experience, PRS pusher extraordinaire Jim Greenhill told me I needed to make sure I met Larry. So at one point I saw Larry not looking too busy, introduced myself and asked if I could get a picture with him. "Me? No one wants my picture. No one even knows who I am!" he said. "Well, I do." I replied. Then at Exp '10, despite being very busy, he went to some trouble to help me track down my sales rep so I could arrange to get that PS Angelus with the redwood top. Thanks again Larry!

Larry has always been a really cool guy and a jamming bass player...Had the pleasure of rocking out with him last year at Experience 2011..

The absolute highlight of my trip to "The Vault" in November was meeting Larry.

Back