All Guitars Are Trash!

Indiana isn’t known for its preservation of native pronunciations, as evidenced by the towns of Lafayette, Versailles, Brazil (ok, maybe that one is close), Vincennes, and anything else furrin.

Same here in PA. Where I live is called North Ver-sales, not North Vers-eye, as it's spelled and pronounce just about everywhere else in the civilized world.

A few years ago, we saw the comedian Craig Shoemaker (aka The Lovemaster - look him up). He went to college in this area, so he knows a lot of the local places. He said he was driving around that day with the middle act, and they saw a sign and he said, "Hey, we're in North Ver-sales." The other guy said, "No, that's North Vers-eye." He said they argued about it for about 10 minutes, and as soon as they entered the township, he pulled over to the first business he saw, dragged the guy into the counter and said, "Will you please tell this idiot where we're at? And say it slow so it'll sink in." He said the guy behind the counter looked at the other guy and said, "Bur. Ger. King."

Same here in PA. Where I live is called North Ver-sales, not North Vers-eye, as it's spelled and pronounce just about everywhere else in the civilized world.

A few years ago, we saw the comedian Craig Shoemaker (aka The Lovemaster - look him up). He went to college in this area, so he knows a lot of the local places. He said he was driving around that day with the middle act, and they saw a sign and he said, "Hey, we're in North Ver-sales." The other guy said, "No, that's North Vers-eye." He said they argued about it for about 10 minutes, and as soon as they entered the township, he pulled over to the first business he saw, dragged the guy into the counter and said, "Will you please tell this idiot where we're at? And say it slow so it'll sink in." He said the guy behind the counter looked at the other guy and said, "Bur. Ger. King."
Same with Dubois, PA. “Do Boys”. Didn’t know yinz were up ‘er.

Is that one of your "natures trash" pieces? That is PHENOMENAL! I saw one just recently very similar to this, and it was gone in flash!! Thanks for sharing!!!
This was a limited run (2 guitars, 2/2 is a hard tail C24) by Brent Moss of TGS Canada. It’s a one piece curly Koa slab body. Most PS PRS with Koa are merely Koa tops. A few have separate Koa bodies and necks. I believe the same time this was made, there was a 1 piece curly Koa 408 made. I’ll need to go digging for a picture though…

Pronounced it “Rubben”. I’m the colloquial translator of this thread, apparently. Indiana isn’t known for its preservation of native pronunciations, as evidenced by the towns of Lafayette, Versailles, Brazil (ok, maybe that one is close), Vincennes, and anything else furrin.

Same with Dubois, PA. “Do Boys”. Didn’t know yinz were up ‘er.

Didn't think about Do Boys. Or Charleroi (Shar Le Roy).

We have a Charlotte, MI. Folks who live over there pronounce it "shar-LOT". We also have a Lake Orion, which they pronounce "OR-ee-in," not "or-EYE-on." I am a fan of neither of these places' pronunciations.

Last edited:
We have a Charlotte, MI. Folks who live over there pronounce it "shar-LOT". We also have a Lake Orion, which they pronounce "OR-ee-in," not "or-EYE-on." I am a fan of neither of these places' pronunciations.

Don't forget, we also have De-troyt instead of Du-twah. Charle-voy, instead of Charlev-wuah.

Michigan has a ton of French mispronunciation. Because, WTF, what do we know of French? Not a whole damn lot!

or That’s what she said

sunfrog-busted-n23-that-s-what-she-said-28000162349153_1080x.jpg

Back