All about covers…

ScottR

If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.
I’ve been listening to a lot of covers lately. Or more so…comparing the original to various covers of the original. Mainly out of boredom but the happy accident was learning the different nuances each artist brings to the table.

I have a simple mind, but I love to try and take what I like from both, then attempt to squeeze a little from either one into my own repertoire (I call it smoke and mirrors) but I was hoping the 3 syllable word would make up for saying I have a simple mind. Shut up it’s a balancing act. :p

Anyhoo, post up some of your favorites and tell us which you prefer. Videos or it’s not as enlightening. Share with the class…I’ll go first.

PS if we’ve already done this help a brother out. I don’t remember.

First up…these two. And it was a tight one for me. As much as I’ve always loved the original the Pantera cover just seems to hit different. BS is a more of chilled fuzzy headed kinda vibe. Still love both tho.

Last edited:
I’ve been listening to a lot of covers lately. Or more so…comparing the original to various covers of the original. Mainly out of boredom but the happy accident was learning the different nuances each artist brings to the table.

I have a simple mind, but I love to try and take what I like from both, then attempt to squeeze a little from either one into my own repertoire (I call it smoke and mirrors) but I was hoping the 3 syllable word would make up for saying I have a simple mind. Shut up it’s a balancing act. :p

Anyhoo, post up some of your favorites and tell us which you prefer. Videos or it’s not as enlightening. Share with the class…I’ll go first.

PS if we’ve already done this help a brother out. I don’t remember.

First up…these two. And it was a tight one for me. As much as I’ve always loved the original this one just seems deeper to me anyway.

The second one is perfect. I am sitting in a cafe downtown Toronto eating a bagel with a coffee looking out the window just going with the flow.

This is Zen! Nirvana.

Thx for sharing!

The second one is perfect. I am sitting in a cafe downtown Toronto eating a bagel with a coffee looking out the window just going with the flow.

This is Zen! Nirvana.

Thx for sharing!
Glad I could help! I’ve been working on getting it under my fingers.

This is by far the easiest one for me. The most cringeworthy abomination of a cover I’ve ever heard hands down.
PS if I ever meet that guitar player I’m gonna punch him…just horrendous. Okay I digress, but it’s like a train wreck.

And it goes without saying which one wins.

My apologies in advance.

I know I know kind a little cheesy. But I’ve always loved the movie. Especially the Grandpa he was my spirit animal.
A buddy of mine is the lead guitar player. I think they killed it!

Cover is far superior imho.

Back