All about bicycles

Finally in the mid 50s today, but there are dangerous wind warnings, and I seem to have messed up my back.

Anyone planning an epic bike trip this year? I'm hoping to ride the Great Allegheny Passage but don't have any concrete plans.
Only planned and booked trip is to ride northern Minnesota. We are seriously considering riding Cuba or biking safari in Tanzania.

Only planned and booked trip is to ride northern Minnesota. We are seriously considering riding Cuba or biking safari in Tanzania.
I never considered a bike trip to Cuba or Tanzania as a possibility. That sounds fantastic. So does northern Minnesota, but I don't imagine there's quite as much live Cuban jazz to dance to.

150 miles looks like a hella bunch of fun!
Ideally I'd like to go to Pittsburgh, get a hotel and long term parking, take an Amtrak with the bike to Cumberland and bike my way back. But it seems reserving a bike spot on that train is tough. I think my current bike's tires are too large, too.

Finally in the mid 50s today, but there are dangerous wind warnings, and I seem to have messed up my back.

Anyone planning an epic bike trip this year? I'm hoping to ride the Great Allegheny Passage but don't have any concrete plans.

Nothing super epic, but I've got a three-day bikepacking trip in NE Florida booked for November. Will be 180-200 miles of mostly dirt and off road.

Today a friend floated the idea of a one-day, 150-mile road ride across Florida at the end of the year. That would qualify for an epic day.

Nothing super epic, but I've got a three-day bikepacking trip in NE Florida booked for November. Will be 180-200 miles of mostly dirt and off road.

Today a friend floated the idea of a one-day, 150-mile road ride across Florida at the end of the year. That would qualify for an epic day.
Here I was thinking trying to bike the GAP in two days--75 miles per day--was ambitiously epic. I'd say both of those are pretty epic.

On my local trails today… :)
H3wMYA0.jpg

Anyone have any bike-related gear recommendations before my REI coupon expires tomorrow? I bought a repair stand last year, which has come in handy. And a helmet two years ago.

I could use a bike rack, but I don't have either a hitch nor roof rails. I've been thinking of a Sea Sucker but they're not available.

I was going to go for a bike computer, but most aren't discount eligible.

Maybe some metal pedals or a spare helmet?

Anyone have any bike-related gear recommendations before my REI coupon expires tomorrow? I bought a repair stand last year, which has come in handy. And a helmet two years ago.

I could use a bike rack, but I don't have either a hitch nor roof rails. I've been thinking of a Sea Sucker but they're not available.

For a rack I'm pretty happy with the Saris Bones trunk rack.

Some rubber, a pump, new seat, panniers or other packs?

For a rack I'm pretty happy with the Saris Bones trunk rack.
That looks interesting. I tried another strap-attached rack I borrowed from a friend, but my bike's lower tube was too wide. That design may work, though. Thanks.

Some rubber, a pump, new seat, panniers or other packs?
Good ideas, thanks. I thought about a new seat, but I don't know about buying one mail order..

That looks interesting. I tried another strap-attached rack I borrowed from a friend, but my bike's lower tube was too wide. That design may work, though. Thanks.

Good ideas, thanks. I thought about a new seat, but I don't know about buying one mail order..
My car (Toyota Venza) needed the EX version for the spoiler clearance. That aside I do like how solid it is. Almost 4 years and going strong.

KICKSTAND!!!

Finally had a good day for a pleasant, sunny, fairly warm ride, but windy. It was good. Didn't take any photos nor video, though.

Saw a few of the other trail regulars out for the first time since last Fall. No rollerbladers or unicyclists out yet, though.

It's also odd how notably different ambient sounds are now that a lot of the birds are back.

But I quickly remembered to keep my mouth closed and head a bit down when crossing a bridge over a marsh in the Spring. The bugs are back, too.

I ride a Jones Ti LWB, a Jones Plus LWB, and a Jones HDe ebike. I wonder if anyone here has any experience with them? I produced a lot of Jeff Jones’ videos over the past 10ish years, so I was able to spend lots of time with him and his bikes. He’s a mad scientist with bicycles!

I ride a Jones Ti LWB, a Jones Plus LWB, and a Jones HDe ebike. I wonder if anyone here has any experience with them? I produced a lot of Jeff Jones’ videos over the past 10ish years, so I was able to spend lots of time with him and his bikes. He’s a mad scientist with bicycles!
In days gone by (my word version of back in the day) I was a bike geek. I no longer am. But I’ve never heard of Jones bikes. Where is he located?

Back