All about bicycles

I watched the highlights of the women (which is all I did for the men, too) and really enjoyed the racing. I kinda liked that it was shorter, so it put more meaning into each stage, but at the same time I'd like to see it a bit longer to even it out more.

Dave, I think you've convinced me that your bike is the one I want.
Interesting mate.
I think I've come to the realization that it is good at most all surfaces, but of course master of none. SUV might be a good analogy.
I am extremely satisfied with it after about 20 months of use. Although low numbers compared to some, I'm at about 2800kms right now.
Drive train, tires, components all holding up well. Tubeless has been perfect. Based on the torque that a mid drive motor has on tap, I might need a new chain/cassette next year. Not sure.
So... at 65 y/o I'm not planning to do any extreme 6' drops etc. blasting downhill, but for the combo of dirt/road/gravel I ride it works really well.
When these tires wear out I'll likely get something more hybrid/less rolling resistance. Love the 29" wheels.
Rear shock is comfy, but adds weight, and no lock out.
Do yourself a huge favor and test ride one. Try a similar Cube, Trek etc if you can as well.
Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'm happy to help.
***EDIT*** Also would like a larger battery than 500wh.

Last edited:
That's very hard to do, even near a major city like Cincinnati. Dealers have very little in stock. They'll list 50 models and only have 5 of them in stock.
The dealer closest to me has 20-30 in stock all the time. He never has fewer than half a dozen different models to try.

Clearly you should have gone fishing and stopped by.

Back