All about bicycles

Continued due to picture count...

Steveston...

Drained the rest of the Gatorade...

Et fini...

So as I sit here absorbing the beer, I feel quite satisfied and accurate with the 60km wall. Right now I wouldn't want to try more than that, especially with 33C temps. That was definitely enough for today. Mission accomplished.

Continued due to picture count...

Steveston...

Drained the rest of the Gatorade...

Et fini...

So as I sit here absorbing the beer, I feel quite satisfied and accurate with the 60km wall. Right now I wouldn't want to try more than that, especially with 33C temps. That was definitely enough for today. Mission accomplished.
Ok, I have to ask; what is the wrap, just above your cranks, for?

Ok, I have to ask; what is the wrap, just above your cranks, for?
Good eye.
There is a gap between the bottom of the battery cover and the frame when the battery is installed. That is also the location where the battery contacts go into the frame above the motor. Although there's a rubber seal there I don't like the idea of dirt/dust/moisture getting anywhere near those connections.
Answer? A calf brace off Amazon. :)

Good eye.
There is a gap between the bottom of the battery cover and the frame when the battery is installed. That is also the location where the battery contacts go into the frame above the motor. Although there's a rubber seal there I don't like the idea of dirt/dust/moisture getting anywhere near those connections.
Answer? A calf brace off Amazon. :)
I was guessing a knee brace!

I needed 22kms to get to 1100 so off I went this morning.
CALLING @bodia to the front desk!:)
Came across a "get together" at the BMX track, so took some shots of BMX history...

This one is a complete restoration of an '84 CW. The frame is a 2012 reproduction (extremely rare), and all the other parts are original and restored, including the saddle.

Sadly, down the greenway a bit I came across what I thought was a guy sleeping/camped there. Homeless of course. When I went by I saw that they were a couple. I struggled with taking a picture, but thought I'd share in order to remind myself that we can help others if/when we can. I didn't want to wake them, they were zonked right out. Man... it was 11am and already 30C out.

Came across a field hockey tourney...

Never seen an artificial turf being watered down before. Must be heat management?

And finally, here's a nice old Plymouth truck...

I needed 22kms to get to 1100 so off I went this morning.
CALLING @bodia to the front desk!:)
Came across a "get together" at the BMX track, so took some shots of BMX history...

This one is a complete restoration of an '84 CW. The frame is a 2012 reproduction (extremely rare), and all the other parts are original and restored, including the saddle.

Sadly, down the greenway a bit I came across what I thought was a guy sleeping/camped there. Homeless of course. When I went by I saw that they were a couple. I struggled with taking a picture, but thought I'd share in order to remind myself that we can help others if/when we can. I didn't want to wake them, they were zonked right out. Man... it was 11am and already 30C out.

Came across a field hockey tourney...

Never seen an artificial turf being watered down before. Must be heat management?

And finally, here's a nice old Plymouth truck...

That BMX stuff is cool!!!

An experiment...
The other day I did a 60km ride for the first time. When I was done I had 55% battery remaining which insinuated that I could have done that route again on the same charge.
On that ride I did all of it in assist level 2 (Eco+) as the terrain was flat as a pancake. So... how far will one battery/charge take me? I decided to adjust the assist levels. I bumped up the Eco mode to 75, left Eco+ alone, and dropped Normal to 150.

The next day I did 22kms and was down to 39%. Most of that ride was on assist level 2 (Eco+).
Today I did another 28kms and am left with 21%. I did over 90% of the ride on assist level 1 (Eco). So far I'm up to 110kms.
Well... I don't want to run it down to zero, but I feel as though I could easily get another 25kms on the remaining 21%.
That gives me a whopping 135kms out of one charge on a 500wh battery. This of course is based on excellent conditions ie no wind, no large hills etc.

Anyway... a couple of pics, cuz... pics!

Prepping my new water bottle with Nuun tabs... Thanks @garrett

Ah, to be young again...

SMH - Surrey Memorial Hospital (not Shake my head).

King George Hwy for as far as the eye can see...

Stopping at Costco in the shade for some of that Nuun water...

Who knew she could drive on this side of the road?!!???

Very satisfied with this machine...

Now rethinking getting a larger battery. The options are an additional 500, 625, or 800wh. Hmmm...

I’m confused about rethinking a larger battery. Are you now thinking it’s not necessary or that larger will provide more to go farther per ride or between charging?

I’m confused about rethinking a larger battery. Are you now thinking it’s not necessary or that larger will provide more to go farther per ride or between charging?
Have been thinking about a larger battery for a while for extended day trips or an over night. Not too motivated to carry an additional battery, but the 800wh would probably do nicely on its own. Also could just throw the charger in the pannier.

Another ride I've always meant to try. The BC Parkway from New Westminster to Vancouver. This follows beside/beneath the Skytrain public transport system originally built in 1986 for Expo. It has been expanded ever since.
I started at the 22nd street Skytrain station in New Westminster.

Metrotown in Burnaby...

Swangard Stadium where the BC League 1 Championship Finals were just starting...

Oboe in the park...

Coffee shop...

Made it to downtown Vancouver. Science World at False Creek (also known as Bennet's Ball)...

On the left is B.C. Place, built for CFL BC Lions. On the right Is Rogers Arena, Built for NHL Vancouver Canucks...

Camping downtown...

Time to head home...

Last edited:
Another ride I've always meant to try. The BC Parkway from New Westminster to Vancouver. This follows beside/beneath the Skytrain public transport system originally built in 1986 for Expo. It has been expanded ever since.
I started at the 22nd street Skytrain station in New Westminster.

Metrotown in Burnaby...

Swangard Stadium where the BC League 1 Championship Finals were just starting...

Oboe in the park...

Coffee shop...

Made it to downtown Vancouver. Science World at False Creek (also known as Bennet's Ball)...

On the left is B.C. Place, built for CFL BC Lions. On the right Is Rogers Arena, Built for NHL Vancouver Canucks...

Camping downtown...

Time to head home...

Another great ride! You really make me want to ride in BC.

Back