All about bicycles

Less than a minute after I crossed the tracks... I had no clue it was that close.

Last week's puddle grew... a lot... The one before this had my feet splashing at every rotation. This one is way longer and deeper. I didn't try it. Turned around...

This location is much more hairy than last I saw it...

Second of three trains today...

Good day for a ride. 21C and not too much wind...

There's those dang puddles again! Went through them this time...

Truck pull out was full to the brim...

Not sure if this is young corn?

Oops...

Should have brought my clubs...

I would guess it is unlikely to be corn! The old saying where I grew up for a good corn crop was "knee high by the 4th of July"!! Planting this late I can't imagine it being done before the first frost, then again, I ain't no farmer!!! Great pix, thanks for sharing!!!!

Got some time off so went looking for rides I haven't tried yet...

First up is the Seymour Valley Trailway and Spur 4 loop...

It takes around 45 mins to an hour to get up to the Seymour Dam. This holds a lot of the potable/drinking water for the area.

From the dam, the trail to Spur 4 gravel road is relatively short but very steep. Stopping on it would be a mistake. At least 3 times my front wheel wanted to lift off the trail.

Made it to the top...

The Stance with the Maxxis Rekon tires was made for this type of ride. Very smooth even on -12 descents on gravel.

Last edited:

It takes around 45 mins to an hour to get up to the Seymour Dam. This holds a lot of the potable/drinking water for the area.

From the dam, the trail to Spur 4 gravel road is relatively short but very steep. Stopping on it would be a mistake. At least 3 times my front wheel wanted to lift off the trail.

Made it to the top...

The Stance with the Maxxis Rekon tires was made for this type of ride. Very smooth even on -12 descents on gravel.
That looks like some killer riding! Amazing how progressive y'all are up there, a picnic area just for balloons (4th photo)!! I would think they would have a cover over that area in case any of those floaters become un-tethered!!!

That looks like some killer riding! Amazing how progressive y'all are up there, a picnic area just for balloons (4th photo)!! I would think they would have a cover over that area in case any of those floaters become un-tethered!!!
I dunno about your area, but around here balloons are on the rise.

My son had a day off today as well so we both ventured out. Decided on the Greenway to Tynehead as he had not done that yet.
On the way was a curious object on the side of the path.
A small stand with hand sanitizer, and a lit incense stick...

Looks like an invite to "C'mon in" to... uh... I dunno...

Michael Jackson was blaring out the stereo there, so we... um... GTFO.
I don't look good in a dress anyway.

Stopped for some water, but didn't sit down as the table absolutely covered with ants.

Overlooking Hwy 1 East towards Hope.

Great ride followed by lunch at A&W for a Teen burger. Haven't had one for eons...

My son had a day off today as well so we both ventured out. Decided on the Greenway to Tynehead as he had not done that yet.
On the way was a curious object on the side of the path.
A small stand with hand sanitizer, and a lit incense stick...

Looks like an invite to "C'mon in" to... uh... I dunno...

Michael Jackson was blaring out the stereo there, so we... um... GTFO.
I don't look good in a dress anyway.

Stopped for some water, but didn't sit down as the table absolutely covered with ants.

Overlooking Hwy 1 East towards Hope.

Great ride followed by lunch at A&W for a Teen burger. Haven't had one for eons...
I don't see a guitar stand on EITHER of those bikes! Do you strap one on your back? Asking for a friend!!

Made it to the top...

I‘m assuming that’s a fairly long ride. Are you recharging your Ebike battery?

Back