All about bicycles

I wasn't convinced by Quaker, start the day with this instead

51NaqLyWoHL._AC_.jpg

NBD!

State Bicycle Co. 4130 Road. A modern version of a classic road bike with a unique 1x8 down tube shifting drivetrain.

State are all about nailing style with their bikes, but on the cheap. Thus, it arrived in need of a few upgrades.

It got the Brooks saddle off my other steel bike, the pair of barely used Gatorskins from my wrecked road bike, and a set of Kool Stop salmon brake pads I had laying around. Next up, wheels need truing and I'll likely upgrade the brake cables & housing.

Already a super fun whip. Feels fast and nimble and a very respectable weight for steel.

aseu0vdh.jpeg

NBD!

State Bicycle Co. 4130 Road. A modern version of a classic road bike with a unique 1x8 down tube shifting drivetrain.

State are all about nailing style with their bikes, but on the cheap. Thus, it arrived in need of a few upgrades.

It got the Brooks saddle off my other steel bike, the pair of barely used Gatorskins from my wrecked road bike, and a set of Kool Stop salmon brake pads I had laying around. Next up, wheels need truing and I'll likely upgrade the brake cables & housing.

Already a super fun whip. Feels fast and nimble and a very respectable weight for steel.

aseu0vdh.jpeg
Cool ride!

NBD!

aseu0vdh.jpeg
Classic look! Don't know how long it has been since I have seen downtube shifters on a bike!! The Brooks and handlebar tape look fab with that green!!! Congrats!!!!

Back