All about bicycles

I finally got around to rebuilding my Lynskey-era Litespeed with a new Ritchey Carbon fork, Chris King headset, Thomson stem, Thomson carbon bars, dual-pivot Dura-Ace brake calipers (amazing difference), and some new rubber. I moved from 23mm to 25mm tires with latex tubes and am using slightly lower tire pressure than I did with the 23mm tires. Rode for a hair over 2-hours today and am quite please with the results.

i-whjWctz-X4.jpg

i-zdfpmJc-X3.jpg

Old school cool, for sure!

My Canyon is working great for me. I have my endurance road/easy gravel wheelset and my gravel/"WTF am I doing riding this terrain" wheelset. Sometimes I wish I had a more aero bike for dealing with these FL headwinds on the pavement, but I'm having a blast anyway. Looking forward to getting in some longer days when the weather cools a bit.

Thinking harder and harder about a hardtail, though. Preferred LBS is a Giant dealer and the XTC Advanced is looking pretty sweet.

V3Aw6pdl.jpg

FoeyLiFl.jpg

Old school cool, for sure!

My Canyon is working great for me. I have my endurance road/easy gravel wheelset and my gravel/"WTF am I doing riding this terrain" wheelset. Sometimes I wish I had a more aero bike for dealing with these FL headwinds on the pavement, but I'm having a blast anyway. Looking forward to getting in some longer days when the weather cools a bit.

Thinking harder and harder about a hardtail, though. Preferred LBS is a Giant dealer and the XTC Advanced is looking pretty sweet.

V3Aw6pdl.jpg

FoeyLiFl.jpg
The 0 model has eTap. What do you think of wireless shifting?

It seems cool, but scares me a bit. Not sure I want to rely on electrical and Bluetooth stuff on a bike in the middle of nowhere. But then, cables and mechanical stuff can break too...
I’ve been using wireless shifting for a year on my road bike and it is great. Mine is SRAM AXS.

Smoothest shifting I’ve ever had. Battery life is really good - I easily get 1000km on a charge. The derailleurs have a button that will let you shift if both batteries are dead, but in all probability the rear would die and you just swap front and rear and get home just shifting the cassette.

It seems cool, but scares me a bit. Not sure I want to rely on electrical and Bluetooth stuff on a bike in the middle of nowhere. But then, cables and mechanical stuff can break too...

I think I'd like to try it. Maybe a retrofit in a couple of years when my warranty runs out.

I’ve been using wireless shifting for a year on my road bike and it is great. Mine is SRAM AXS.

Smoothest shifting I’ve ever had. Battery life is really good - I easily get 1000km on a charge. The derailleurs have a button that will let you shift if both batteries are dead, but in all probability the rear would die and you just swap front and rear and get home just shifting the cassette.

I’m using Shimano Di2 for about a year. It has proven to be flawless.

Stumbled on this article today regarding electronic shifting (and disc braking):

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dead-aluminum-road-bikes-mechanical-164600012.html

Happy spinnin'!
MW

The industry mandate that we all move to electronic shifting, disc brakes and tubeless tires evokes the same sadness I felt when forced to give up my rotary dial phone in favor or push button phones.
When I was a young phone guy, the dispatcher proudly proclaimed he had gotten a new direct line for us techs to call into service.
It ended in 879-9998
We all wanted to kill him because we had rotary butt-in lineman sets.:eek::D

When I was a young phone guy, the dispatcher proudly proclaimed he had gotten a new direct line for us techs to call into service.
It ended in 879-9998
We all wanted to kill him because we had rotary butt-in lineman sets.:eek::D

Ah the lesser known hit sung by Glenn Campbell -

Rotary butt-in Lineman

Back