All about bicycles

N

Nice! Dig the socks, and shoes…..and the TDF top! What’re ya hauling on the back?
The lower bag is just basic tools and snacks, mostly empty to accommodate layers I take off as the temperature goes from 13C to 30C. On top of that is the small drone case with a spare battery and propellers - it will land on the symbol on top of the case if it sees it when coming down. I usually hand launch and catch it on the way down.

The jersey is from the 100th Tour de France.

Veinbuster's yoga pants are the new DTR's Speedo.

:p:p

I'm still wondering why he wears bowling shoes when he rides. Must be a Canadian thing. Or maybe the slide pads make good brakes.

Going semi-off topic, but it’s been great watching Mark Cavendish back in top form chasing the record for most all-time Tour de France stage wins. He needs one to tie Eddie Merckx, two to claim the record. His team’s lead out on today’s stage was a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
Going semi-off topic, but it’s been great watching Mark Cavendish back in top form chasing the record for most all-time Tour de France stage wins. He needs one to tie Eddie Merckx, two to claim the record. His team’s lead out on today’s stage was a thing of beauty.

I agree 100%. Numbers are numbers and wins are wins. But IMO Cav is not even in the same universe as Eddie as a complete rider. Of course there is a very small handful of riders in Eddie’s universe.

But IMO Cav is not even in the same universe as Eddie as a complete rider. Of course there is a very small handful of riders in Eddie’s universe.

No argument here - 96 days in yellow, 8 stage wins in one tour, and he won the yellow, green, and polka dot jerseys in one tour (his first, and the only guy to ever do it).

I love watching sprinters like Cav, Peter Sagan, Robbie McEwen, etc., but man, it must have been amazing to see a guy like Merckx do it all.

That lead out was a thing of beauty. I agree, it’s been fun to see Cav in good form, especially considering that he isn’t even supposed to be riding the Tour this year. Hope he makes the time cut today.

Okay guys, I've hit a little single track on my gravel bike and I take back what I said about not being interested in MTB. I kinda want a hardtail XC bike now. Rolling through the woods is super fun.

Bike Acquisition Syndrome is a thing, right? N+1 and all...
Single track can be great fun. 29er hardtail is where it’s at.
Yes to n+1. I’ve bought more bikes than guitars in the last 5 years.

Getting broadsided by a truck a few months ago really gave that some new weight for me. I figure anything that lets me enjoy myself and keep fit without playing in traffic is a good thing.

Single track can be great fun. 29er hardtail is where it’s at.
Yes to n+1. I’ve bought more bikes than guitars in the last 5 years.

I hear ya. These days I find myself surprisingly very content guitar-wise, but could use one more bike. :D

I finally got around to rebuilding my Lynskey-era Litespeed with a new Ritchey Carbon fork, Chris King headset, Thomson stem, Thomson carbon bars, dual-pivot Dura-Ace brake calipers (amazing difference), and some new rubber. I moved from 23mm to 25mm tires with latex tubes and am using slightly lower tire pressure than I did with the 23mm tires. Rode for a hair over 2-hours today and am quite pleased with the results.

i-whjWctz-X4.jpg

i-zdfpmJc-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got around to rebuilding my Lynskey-era Litespeed with a new Ritchey Carbon fork, Chris King headset, Thomson stem, Thomson carbon bars, dual-pivot Dura-Ace brake calipers (amazing difference), and some new rubber. I moved from 23mm to 25mm tires with latex tubes and am using slightly lower tire pressure than I did with the 23mm tires. Rode for a hair over 2-hours today and am quite please with the results.

i-whjWctz-X4.jpg

i-zdfpmJc-X3.jpg
That looks the business

I finally got around to rebuilding my Lynskey-era Litespeed with a new Ritchey Carbon fork, Chris King headset, Thomson stem, Thomson carbon bars, dual-pivot Dura-Ace brake calipers (amazing difference), and some new rubber. I moved from 23mm to 25mm tires with latex tubes and am using slightly lower tire pressure than I did with the 23mm tires. Rode for a hair over 2-hours today and am quite please with the results.

i-whjWctz-X4.jpg

i-zdfpmJc-X3.jpg
Very cool ride!

i-whjWctz-X4.jpg

i-zdfpmJc-X3.jpg
Damn that is a sweet looking spin machine! Has me hearkening back to the old Schwinn Paramount they used to make in chrome!! Although this is years beyond in cool factor and performance I am sure!!!

Happy spinnin'!
MW

i-whjWctz-X4.jpg

i-zdfpmJc-X3.jpg
I’d ride that.
It looks fantastic.

Back