All about bicycles

Wow! From Go Pros to drones in a couple of years. What is the range? Can it track you on a 100k ride?
I do like the drone footage much better than GoPro, but the video is shorter.

I have three batteries and with battery changes I can get an hour of video. I expect to use it selectively and fly the drone along interesting bits of the route.

I have tracked a rider up to a kilometre from the controller. I was surprised it passed video and speed, height data to me that distance. I was afraid going beyond that would result in a crash.

I don’t think I would ride more than 8-9km before landing to swap out the battery. On a 100km ride, I would probably video 4-12 short sections - 1-4km each.

Going to get a gravel bike, but it's going to take a few months due to the crazy bicycle backorders going on.

No kidding. I ordered a road bike (not an especially unique or high-end bike) in early September 2020. My LBS now estimates delivery in mid-May 2021.

=K

No kidding. I ordered a road bike (not an especially unique or high-end bike) in early September 2020. My LBS now estimates delivery in mid-May 2021.

=K

I hear ya. My preferred LBS deals Felt, Fuji, and Giant. They're only selling Giants for now because they can't get stock of the others. Giant being, well, giant, they control much more of their supply chain. It's a bit of a bummer since the Giant off-road stuff doesn't do it for me, but I would have loved to grab a Fuji Jari 1.3. Looks like a great bang-for-buck bike, but it's not in stock anywhere.

It looks like the smaller companies are ordering in batches. When I first started looking at State in March, they were quoting late May delivery, but that run sold out and I got in on the next one, due late June.

Oh well, I'm injured anyway. I'll ease my way back in later on my steel 3-speed. Then when I get the new All-Road I will feel like I'm flying!

I hear ya. My preferred LBS deals Felt, Fuji, and Giant. They're only selling Giants for now because they can't get stock of the others. Giant being, well, giant, they control much more of their supply chain. It's a bit of a bummer since the Giant off-road stuff doesn't do it for me, but I would have loved to grab a Fuji Jari 1.3. Looks like a great bang-for-buck bike, but it's not in stock anywhere.

It looks like the smaller companies are ordering in batches. When I first started looking at State in March, they were quoting late May delivery, but that run sold out and I got in on the next one, due late June.

Oh well, I'm injured anyway. I'll ease my way back in later on my steel 3-speed. Then when I get the new All-Road I will feel like I'm flying!
Curious to know what about a Trance or a Reign does not fill your cup? Just curious, as I know there are component and subjective things to consider.

Curious to know what about a Trance or a Reign does not fill your cup? Just curious, as I know there are component and subjective things to consider.

Oh I guess I should have said "gravel stuff". Mountain bikes as a whole don't do much for me. I'm still a roadie at heart. One thing I do want in a gravel bike is a is a 1x drivetrain, and Giant doesn't offer that on their more affordable gravel bikes.

Oh I guess I should have said "gravel stuff". Mountain bikes as a whole don't do much for me. I'm still a roadie at heart. One thing I do want in a gravel bike is a is a 1x drivetrain, and Giant doesn't offer that on their more affordable gravel bikes.
Yes, I must admit I don't miss a front derailleur at all.

I took my Emonda SLR 7 out for it's first "outside" ride last week- my god is that bike fast. I have a Madone 6.5 as well and the Emonda is 3-4 mph faster! so light and the geometry/gearing is set up to climb and go really fast.

PICS!!!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours... :)

i-gpsMvq7-X3.jpg

Some spring upgrades. Surely the logo (my daughter's cycling team) will be good for a bit more power.
CK_252WattRiotBasso.JPG

And I found this jersey irresistible.
CK_239PAssosTribal.JPG
That is a great jersey. Looks like it could have been done by the artist who did the piece on the wall behind you!

As for the sticker and more power, just keep thinking that and it will happen!!

Some nice bikes in this thread! I only somewhat recently started getting into road bikes and picked up a 2020 Giant Contend SL 1 Disc to start cycling to work on.

Not nearly as fancy as some of the other bikes in here, but it's certainly a nicer way to get to the office than sitting in traffic. I also rather like that it takes away the "dead" time I'd otherwise be commuting in and replaces it with exercise I don't have to try fit into my day otherwise now. It's about 15km each way (30km per day), so I find it's a nice distance.

Back