All about bicycles

Without reading through this entire thread, is anyone here into riding tandems? My wife and I have been riding a tandem for 38 years (married for 48) and still haven't gotten a divorce......LOL. The bikes are a Richardson (our first tandem), a Bob Brown Cycles with S&S couplers for traveling (2010), and a Co-Motion Carrera (2019):

Cool rides!
I think you're the first to post tandems!

Without reading through this entire thread, is anyone here into riding tandems? My wife and I have been riding a tandem for 38 years (married for 48) and still haven't gotten a divorce......LOL. The bikes are a Richardson (our first tandem), a Bob Brown Cycles with S&S couplers for traveling (2010), and a Co-Motion Carrera (2019):

My daughter piloted a tandem in World Cup for a few years.

Well, since we're near retirement, it's not a "luxury one." I wanted to buy her a Cadillac or Lexus or something but she refused. So, she has a 2020 Silverado and a 23 Subaru Outback Limited. So not "luxury class" but $100K worth of cars in the last couple years. LOL

She see's all these ones on Instagram, Ride1Up, and all these other more affordable ones. Most under $2K. She says "that's all I need," and I tell her we're buying for life now. We have regular bikes that apparently will last forever. I've continued to float the "let's buy you a nice one instead of two cheap ones. I'll just keep riding my Giant." Thinking, her having an ebike will allow me to get more exercise because when we ride together, she'll be able to go further faster. She insists that we're both getting one, and so, it keeps getting put off even though it was supposed to be our Christmas presents to each other!
What happened to the Honda CRV?

Just got back from a decent ride. Got some chores done and then took off with the idea to acquire a "fastest 40km" segment. So I headed out on the flats of Delta to give myself a fighting chance.
Not a whole lot of pics as I wanted to keep the motion up.
My first stop was 25k in (almost half way)...

Entering Mud Bay trail at the bottom of 64th. You can see Mt. Baker in the distance to the South/East in Washington State.

Fastest 40km came at the end of the Mud Bay trail near the parking lot @ 1h 46m...

Just in time to see a train heading south to USA...

Finished the last of the water with Nuun tabs...

Total battery abuse...

Time for a lager...

Just got back from a decent ride. Got some chores done and then took off with the idea to acquire a "fastest 40km" segment. So I headed out on the flats of Delta to give myself a fighting chance.
Not a whole lot of pics as I wanted to keep the motion up.
My first stop was 25k in (almost half way)...

Entering Mud Bay trail at the bottom of 64th. You can see Mt. Baker in the distance to the South/East in Washington State.

Fastest 40km came at the end of the Mud Bay trail near the parking lot @ 1h 46m...

Just in time to see a train heading south to USA...

Finished the last of the water with Nuun tabs...

Total battery abuse...

Time for a lager...
Quite a nice average, close to 14mph for the yanks who refuse to acknowledge the rest of the world went metric many years ago...lol.

I aim for an average of 13mph but usually a lot less distance, my morning and evening rides are around 10 miles only.

Quite happy if I hit that as it's just 1SHP ( semi human power).

I assume that's British Columbia?
Supposed to be gorgeous scenery, it's on my bucket list but ain't got there yet.

Quite a nice average, close to 14mph for the yanks who refuse to acknowledge the rest of the world went metric many years ago...lol.

I aim for an average of 13mph but usually a lot less distance, my morning and evening rides are around 10 miles only.

Quite happy if I hit that as it's just 1SHP ( semi human power).

I assume that's British Columbia?
Supposed to be gorgeous scenery, it's on my bucket list but ain't got there yet.
Cheers, yes B.C. it is.

Did a 23.9 mile / 38.6km ride today and the trail was fairly busy. Manage to average over 15MPH for a while--and had a five mile section at 16MPH--which I hadn't seen for a while (still on my mountain bike), but at the very end finished with a 14.9mile / 23.9km average.

Had the camera on the bike again. I thought I had it set to 15x time warp, but it came out at 30. Just as well, as if any of the people were recognizable I likely wouldn't share it. There are a few Amish buggies in this one, between 3:00 and 4:50.

Did a 23.9 mile / 38.6km ride today and the trail was fairly busy. Manage to average over 15MPH for a while--and had a five mile section at 16MPH--which I hadn't seen for a while (still on my mountain bike), but at the very end finished with a 14.9mile / 23.9km average.

Had the camera on the bike again. I thought I had it set to 15x time warp, but it came out at 30. Just as well, as if any of the people were recognizable I likely wouldn't share it. There are a few Amish buggies in this one, between 3:00 and 4:50.

Love those covered bridges.

Looks like I am destined to die penniless...lol.
Went into my local bike shop looking for new tyres for my stealth bomber and came out with a new bike instead..oops.
Well he did cut me a good deal being a fellow 911 owner, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I must say its quite a revelation from the old Motobecane.
And its reflective yellow so hoping the myopic old gits down here in Florida might have a better chance of seeing me!
Oh...its also got a kick stand....;)
Can I call this my NBD?

Went into my local bike shop looking for new tyres for my stealth bomber and came out with a new bike instead..oops.
Well he did cut me a good deal being a fellow 911 owner, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
And its reflective yellow so hoping the myopic old gits down here in Florida might have a better chance of seeing me!
Can I call this my NBD?

Sweet! Perfect for some gravel. Now you can take a cruise in Guana.

Can I call this my NBD?

Congrats, that looks like a great ride!

Can I call this my NBD?

I Dig It!

Back