All about bicycles

By the way, shoes get all the action here, but how is your sock game?
VRTCCSockGame.JPG

I think this is the best picture on the forum. You sir, are a legend. Can I get those socks with Canada gooses?

New bell day (Knog Oi Luxe Edition). I was tired of being yelled at by rule-loving Germans every time I passed one on a bicycle path. They demand the bell. It's a cultural thing. If you ride-up behind an American and ring a bell, they'll deliberately remain in the way. You might even find yourself in an altercation.

i-rvRZNcJ.jpg

Last edited:
I like that one, really classy

Have to say I agree with the Germans about using a bell, it makes it a more pleasant experience, safer & more courteous to walkers, and gives a heads up when out with the dog myself.

worlds worst cyclist: no bell, full speed on shared paths, wearing a helmet go pro
world best: ding ding, Hi!

After living in Belgium, I still find myself flashing my car's lights to show my disgust with a driver who has broken the rules. Need to use the horn in the States.

Oddly enough, the real anger between the bike community and walking/running community on shared paths is not saying, "coming by on your left!"

I does drive me nuts when I have a pedestrian with headphones on who clearly can't hear the outside world - the get passed with no warning. I try, but they won't hear it.

After living in Belgium, I still find myself flashing my car's lights to show my disgust with a driver who has broken the rules. Need to use the horn in the States.

Oddly enough, the real anger between the bike community and walking/running community on shared paths is not saying, "coming by on your left!"

I does drive me nuts when I have a pedestrian with headphones on who clearly can't hear the outside world - the get passed with no warning. I try, but they won't hear it.
The worst is when they don’t know their left from their right and move into to your path! :mad::mad:

Pulled the trigger this week. ‘21 Specialized Vado SL 5. Battery assist to 28mph. Time to fly!

I ordered a 2021 Specialized Roubaix Sport back on Sep-10-2020. LBS guesstimate from the Specialized factory was delivery in maybe late November 2020.

Update last week: maybe late January 2021. :( =K

roubaix-sport-road-bike-specialized-2021-gloss-tarmac-black-metallic-white-silver.jpg

Nice rides!

Back