All about bicycles

img_0962-jpeg.1222567
Managed to get two rides in this pst weekend. Even managed to out-climb some ‘yoots’ on the trail, which is a big win in my book ;)
Oh, and got some new socks too!

I had to visit and open this thread. Sadly I have yet to bike this year. There have been a few nice days for it, but between all the stuff with my dad's medical issues, errands, and other things, it's been tough.

I have been getting out when I can, though, mostly going for trail runs and walks. It just takes less time to gather up gear and get going. And I'm usually not as far away when I get a call and have to take care of something.

Hopefully soon, though.

Hey, maybe on solar eclipse day! If there are nearly as many visitors as expected (I'm in the path of totality) getting around by bike will probably be the best option.

Two rides this weekend.
One short, the other one shorter.
Saturday was cloudy and cool, today was sunny and warmer.
Two pics, one from each.
Saturday...

Sunday saw some Spring...

My legs feel older and weaker. Need to get out more...
Did you ride just far enough to take a picture each day and then turn around? Joking of course! Good that you got out, better than what I did this weekend (yeah, my arse is tired of me sitting on it including when I am playing)!!

Found out the work buddy I sold my last bike to went out at 4pm for a ride and he actually did the shorts/t-shirt thing.
@DreamTheaterRules have I told you how much I love this bike?
I went looking a couple days ago. Went to a dealer that has both Giant and Specialized. I was mainly looking for my wife. I was not in love with the style of the e-bikes I saw… and shocked at the prices. Your bike looks really cool to me. I saw these geeky looking cruisers and they were well over what you got yours for. If prices have gone up that much, then honestly I’m not interested at all for me, and will start looking at other things for my wife.

I will go back to the Giant site though, because when we talked about this 1-2 years ago I found WAY cooler bikes for much less money. I HOPE prices haven’t gone up that much since then.

Just a shorty today...
Headed out to the very North entrance of the Delta Greenway, but had to stop and take this picture.

I mean, what were they sinking?

Entering the Greenway...

Boggy creek...

Bleak?

Not sure what these yellow plants are...

Home on the upper path...

Thanks for posting that! I was sinking about exercise, but this thread washed that thought down the drain!! Thanks for the pix, always fun to ride along with the Rock Star Dave Mathews!!!

Just a shorty today...
Headed out to the very North entrance of the Delta Greenway, but had to stop and take this picture.

I mean, what were they sinking?

Entering the Greenway...

Boggy creek...

Bleak?

Not sure what these yellow plants are...

Home on the upper path...

I had to zoom in on the house pic, because initially I thought the middle planter was a cistern :eek:

I guess at least the flowers would have some natural manure 💩

Broke the 50km mark today (BFD).
Weather is excellent for this weekend. 13/14C today, a little less for tomorrow.
Threw the bike on the work stand and cleaned, checked tires, and rear shock.
Impromptu decision to do a "Tour de Delta" again.

Typical route along River Road...

Entering the Millennium Trail...

Then underneath the Deas Island tunnel entrance to Ladner...

Looking South over Hwy 17 that leads to BC Ferries to Victoria...

Heading south to Mud Bay...

The golf course on the left is Kings Links. Nice to have such a property right next to the ocean...

Mount Baker in the distance...

Have Mercy, been waitin' for the train all day...

Holy Carp... It's open!!!

Here is the site of the crash/damage... Only a short distance really. Looks like they had to rebuild some of the track, and are still dealing with the hazardous spill...

Et Fini... My legs were Jello, and obviously I need to do this more...

Last edited:
Back