Alice Cooper on Tour

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
OK, back on the stage for him and his kick arse band...Got my tickets for 10/19 Tuesday here in Austin.

A trailblazer, true original and living legend. I can't wait...this should be a great show. And I mean SHOW, not some dudes standing or wandering around on stage, in their street clothes, wearing headphones, staring at their pedal boards...

It's going to be action packed~!

https://alicecooper.com/tour/

I love Alice, and have seen him many times. Always a great show. Sadly, I’ll miss them in Chicago this time. They’re playing a venue that I refuse to go to. Hopefully they’ll be back through, at another venue. BTW, Nita is a great IG follow.

I'm missing him this tour, which bums me out, because I generally make it a point to see him whenever possible. Had tickets for him with Lita Ford opening on the tour that got cancelled due to Covid. Anyway, his current touring band has been the same lineup since Nita joined in 2013, and they're a tight, rocking unit with great stage presence and monster chops. I saw them once with Orianthi, and 5 or 6 times with Nita, and they never disappoint.

I'm seeing this show in about a week. Really looking forward to it. As Aahzz said, Alice's band is tight as hell - there's a really special chemistry there. And they change up the setlist by a few songs each tour. And I never get tired of seeing Ace.

Seeing them tom’w night - looking forward to it very much! Alice’s current band is just frigging awesome. Not sure if they’re doing this in Covid times, but the band (no Alice, and no Nita for the past few years) used to play small clubs on their off days, just jamming lots of classic tunes. Cool stuff.

Great show. Frustrating night, but great show.

The frustrations - someone kicked a rock up a cracked my windshield on the drive there. Should be able to get it fixed before we head out for a long weekend getaway, but still. At the show, I had a couple drunken jagoffs behind me - the woman fell into me and knocked me forward, then spilled beer on me twice (well her or her boyfriend). Then when I turned to sit down, they had their beers on my seat. When I told the guy to move them he just stared at me like he didn't understand English. Idiots.

Ace and Alice were both very good. Alice changed his set up a lot from the last time I'd seen him. That's one of the things I love about him with this band - they'll reach back and play just about anything in his catalog. I'm not overly familiar with the deep cuts, but seeing them live (and especially when he puts them on a live release) either opens up new stuff for me or brings back some songs that had kind of slipped off to the side. Granted, it means some songs I'd like to hear don't get played, but I don't think anyone walked out complaining. The band was on fire as usual, but there did seem to be some issues w/the mix - vocal mics not on at times, slow to boost guitars for solos. But all in all, typical great Alice.

I loved Ace's set, although it was almost all Kiss or '78 solo material with one exception, a medley of a couple songs from "Origins Vol. 2". One of those was Zeppelin's "Good Times, Bad Times". Ace has his limitations vocally (ha!), but when he sang GTBT, it wasn't hard to close your eyes and imagine Robert Plant onstage. With a cricket bat, sneaking up to inflict bodily harm on Ace. There was a very typical Ace-ism. At one point, fairly early in the set, he start introducing a song that was "the first time I sang lead in this band I was in". The intro went on for a few more seconds, he looked down, then said, "Wait, that's not the song we're going to do now!"

Manic Street Preachers playing in Dundee tonight! Only found out about it as I was coming back from my son getting his Covid jag.

Spoke to the bus driver who had been given a parking ticket. He was laughing because it’s a German registered fleet that are handling cartage! Some how I don’t think the tickets are getting paid.

Hey ho, you lose some!

Just got back from the Alice Cooper Show in Cedar Park, Texas. Ace opened the show and my girlfriend was confused and thought that Gene Simmons was going to be the opening act...Ace's band wasn't mixed that well and mostly sounded like mud. I swear I couldn't hear an actual chord progression the entire set. His 'solo' spot was embarrassing...very Nigel Tufnel, oh well...

The Alice Cooper Show started right on time and kicked serious ass from the first note. Every song had it's own unique stage production; All the guitars were well mixed, a well oiled hard rock music machine. This is a small venue(8500 max) and was about 3/4 full. BUT we got the full, complete, entire 85-90 minute road show. Frankly, it was an incredible display of stamina, timing, and staging and pedal to the metal performances. 'Go Man Go' was nuts. Nita shined, of course, but Cooper was in full form. A living legend. You won't see or hear shows like this one: Relentless, powerful and stunning.Sorry if you missed it...because it was something else.

I've seen Alice Cooper twice. Both were great shows.

The first time was the Constrictor Tour in late '86 or early '87. I want to say that George Lynch was on guitar but can't quite remember. Also pretty sure Kip Winger was on bass.

When I saw him again 8-10 years ago, I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. There was a lot less 'theater' than the 80's but the band was killin' it and Mr. Furnier's vocals were solid.

I've seen Alice Cooper twice. Both were great shows.

The first time was the Constrictor Tour in late '86 or early '87. I want to say that George Lynch was on guitar but can't quite remember. Also pretty sure Kip Winger was on bass.

When I saw him again 8-10 years ago, I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. There was a lot less 'theater' than the 80's but the band was killin' it and Mr. Furnier's vocals were solid.

There was The Nightmare Returns tour in 1987. Kip Winger on bass, Kane Roberts on guitar, and a guy named Devlin 7 on guitar (not sure if he's John 5's dad or not). One of the other Winger guys was on keyboard and guitars. That was the first time I saw Alice live - Vinnie Vincent Invasion was the opener.

Back