Alice Cooper on Tour

I love a Cooper show. Always amazing. I remember seeing him open for Motley Crue on their "Farewell" tour in 2015, and thinking how the Motley boys feel about getting their asses handed to them by a 65 year old guy every night. I made it through 5 Crue songs before I bolted. Vince sounded like sh!t.

First time I saw him was on the Operation Rock-n-Roll tour in '91. That was Metal Church, Dangerous Toys, Motorhead, Cooper and Judas Priest. That was a great show all the way around. I've had the pleasure of seeing Alice 6 or 7 times since then.

I love a Cooper show. Always amazing. I remember seeing him open for Motley Crue on their "Farewell" tour in 2015, and thinking how the Motley boys feel about getting their asses handed to them by a 65 year old guy every night. I made it through 5 Crue songs before I bolted. Vince sounded like sh!t.

First time I saw him was on the Operation Rock-n-Roll tour in '91. That was Metal Church, Dangerous Toys, Motorhead, Cooper and Judas Priest. That was a great show all the way around. I've had the pleasure of seeing Alice 6 or 7 times since then.

I saw the Crue "Farewell" tour twice, since they came back to CIncinnati after the venue they hit first couldn't hold their entire stage show (mainly Tommy's drum coaster). Alice and his band ate them alive both times. As for Crue, the first show blew goats, and I should have left. The 2nd was pretty dang good. Not Alice good, but still good.

I've seen Alice a few times again since then. He's always awesome.

Caught a second show on this tour - last fall, and then again a few weeks back. Still kicking a$$, changed a couple songs from the fall (we got "Be My Lover", which is one of my favorites). Much better atmosphere to see the show in, too.

Caught a second show on this tour - last fall, and then again a few weeks back. Still kicking a$$, changed a couple songs from the fall (we got "Be My Lover", which is one of my favorites). Much better atmosphere to see the show in, too.
My concert was in October here in Cedar Park, Texas(north of Austin). They're passing up Texas this go around. Probably too much ground to cover between cities, not like back East. All I know is that their complete show totally, completely, and utterly kicked ass.

My dad's had a cough for a couple days, if you want to borrow it.
Thanks for the offer, Alan :) but unfortunately no cough is enough to get me out of work this summer. After 2 summers of the pandemic this is going to be the busiest tourists season ever. I have bought early bird tickets to a local guitar festival that will be happening and I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to change my shift so that I'll be able to attend the guitar clinics and live gigs.

Update: Nina Strauss leaves the band after EIGHT years:

Alice announces replacement:

If you saw and heard any of the shows on the 'Detroit Muscle Tour'...she stole the show every time she was featured.

Pretty funny that she had to state, "I am not pregnant," almost immediately in her announcement. I get it, though, because I can see how that's the first thing almost everybody would consider as a possible reason behind her departure & solo cancellations.

I saw Alice Cooper way back in the day when "Eighteen" had come out. You could tell they were on their way but not quite there. Saw them for the "Killer" tour and whoa, they were on fire that night. Great show and they were tight.

Saw them later for the "Billion Dollar Babies" tour and......not so good. Most of them were pretty drunk or high. Felt let down.

Glad to hear he and his band are kickin' it these days.

Kane Roberts was Alice's guitarist the first time I saw him in 1987. And Kip Winger was the bassist. Kane was in full Rambo mode back then, The other guitarist was a guy named Devlin 7. And the keyboardist was also one of the Winger guys (IIRC).

Kane Roberts was Alice's guitarist the first time I saw him in 1987. And Kip Winger was the bassist. Kane was in full Rambo mode back then, The other guitarist was a guy named Devlin 7. And the keyboardist was also one of the Winger guys (IIRC).
Ditto!

Here we go again...The best touring rock band in the business back on the road. But are they coming to 'The Music Capital of The World' Austin, Texas? Of course not, because Austin isn't now...

Back