Alex Lifeson Thinline inputs, please!!!

drawshot

Just one more...and that's it!
Happy Saturday, all.

I dipped a toe into the acoustic pool awhile ago, and realized that I do, in fact, have some love for the Sitka Spruce bunch, afterall.

I have a couple now (basic-level T_____ Dred and M_____ Concert models), and I'm REALLY curious about the Lifeson Sig Angelus Thinline.

Can anyone give me some experienced opinions on This?

I know T and M are heavy hitters in the acoustic arena...but my soul suggests I should give the Angelus a day in court, too.

Please help an acoustic newb!

I've tried the Lifeson and Angelus range, and find the Lifeson to be a great sounding guitar, but I do like the tone of the A30 best. The A30just has more depth to it, while the Lifeson has more "cut" which makes sense as I believe it was designed for live play. Personally, I would pick the Lifeson over the A10 or A20, but am holding out for the A30 because I sometimes find myself playing solo for weddings and such, where the fullness would be an advantage.

Actually, I think my wife might gotten me the A30 for my birthday, which was a week ago, she keeps telling me my gift was way back ordered but is coming in today... we shall see!

I've tried the Lifeson and Angelus range, and find the Lifeson to be a great sounding guitar, but I do like the tone of the A30 best. The A30just has more depth to it, while the Lifeson has more "cut" which makes sense as I believe it was designed for live play. Personally, I would pick the Lifeson over the A10 or A20, but am holding out for the A30 because I sometimes find myself playing solo for weddings and such, where the fullness would be an advantage.

Actually, I think my wife might gotten me the A30 for my birthday, which was a week ago, she keeps telling me my gift was way back ordered but is coming in today... we shall see!

Aw yeah! Wives are the bomb diggety!

Happy Saturday, all.

I dipped a toe into the acoustic pool awhile ago, and realized that I do, in fact, have some love for the Sitka Spruce bunch, afterall.

I have a couple now (basic-level T_____ Dred and M_____ Concert models), and I'm REALLY curious about the Lifeson Sig Angelus Thinline.

Can anyone give me some experienced opinions on This?

I know T and M are heavy hitters in the acoustic arena...but my soul suggests I should give the Angelus a day in court, too.

Please help an acoustic newb!

I'm not much of an acoustic guy, but I love my Lifeson. Of course, that may have something to do with Rush being the best band that has ever graced this planet of ours! :D

I'm not much of an acoustic guy, but I love my Lifeson. Of course, that may have something to do with Rush being the best band that has ever graced this planet of ours! :D
You have a Lifeson!?
Somehow I missed that.

Drawshot: Definitely give an Angelus a try. They are very playable guitars. They have comfortable necks like Taylor does and you will probably find the body more comfortable than the dred.

You have a Lifeson!?
Somehow I missed that.

Drawshot: Definitely give an Angelus a try. They are very playable guitars. They have comfortable necks like Taylor does and you will probably find the body more comfortable than the dred.

I'm not sure that I posted it. May have just piggybacked on the Lifeson thread at the time. I don't play much acoustic, and got it solely because it said Lifeson on it

I'm going to give you the same advice that I received when I asked my friend the same question (although I don't have a T_____ or M_____, I do have two P_____s, and two I____es) -- make sure you try them in person, acoustic guitars are an even more personal decision than electric guitars.

That said, the PRS SE guitars are on the small and singlecut side, so you may be surprised.

Picked up a used SE at Brain's on Saturday and am very impressed. I wanted a thin line guitar with a electric neck profile and so far, it has fit the bill nicely. Since it is my first acoustic, I do not have a comparison point but to me is sounds great, the action is nice and the body is very comfortable to play. I plugged in briefly and it sounded pretty huge. Fit and finish is also excellent. Aside from a few fingerprint, the guitar has not a scratch on it, super clean.

My only quibble is the volume and tone knobs inside the sound hole. A little strange but I am sure i will get used to it. Also, take a look at some of the pictures of Alex on the past two tours. He is playing SE's most of the time!

My only quibble is the volume and tone knobs inside the sound hole. A little strange but I am sure i will get used to it.

Most very high end guitar makers (including PRS’ Private Stock) do it that way.

The PS Lifeson model doesn’t have knobs or control stuff cut into the sides of the guitar, either. I’d imagine PRS wanted to make the SE version like the PS.

Back