Alex Lifeson Signature ACOUSTIC

Check it out! Thinbody. European Bearclaw Spruce Top, Koa Back and Sides! Very Nice!

front.jpg

THIN LINE??

Does this mean if would have a piezo package installed?

Very nice. I might be in trouble too!! LOL

I can't get past those crazy tuning pegs....they just look to "ornate" and complimentary.

THIN LINE??

Very nice. I might be in trouble too!! LOL I can't get past those crazy tuning pegs....they just look to "ornate" and complimentary.

Yeah check it out on the acoustic page. You also have the option of the LR baggs Lyric as well as Brazillian B/S. The depth 3 3/4 inches, kinda like a jazzbox. I did'nt see this coming either. I guess cause it is PS I will at least see it go, since it wont be coming my way. But it is nice!

I can't get past those crazy tuning pegs....they just look to "ornate" and complimentary.

They have been in the past beautifully made in a small English shop by a guy named Keith Robson who specializes in hand-making very fine tuning machines. They're very precise, work very smoothly, and really are the nicest tuning machines I've ever used. I think they're nicer than Waverlys by quite a bit.

A set of these with ebony buttons came on my PS, and on my earlier Tonare Custom.

Last I checked, a set of the handmade ones ran around 350 English pounds from Robson's site. That's $579 in US dollars! Yeah, they're that good, too.

The original Robsons came on the US PRS acoustics, but now PRS and Robson are having a model made by Gotoh to their specs, at least according to the Robson website, where the Gotoh-made versions for PRS can be bought for 110 pounds. They look pretty much the same, too. That's still a pricey set of tuning machines, but I understand why the parties would want to be able to lower the cost.

PRS is labeling this as PRS tuners now.

Bottom line is that the design really works well functionally. Whether or not they're to your taste is of course a personal thing. If you see them in person, you might change your mind.

Last edited:
Cool! My daughter got to play one of those (a prototype) last Fall. I knew it was going to be a new PS model but not that it would be an Alex Lifeson signature. It was a great sounding guitar!

THIN LINE??

We were told the concept was in response to requests from a pro player(s) who wanted a thin body to aid stage movement and don't need the volume projection of a full thickness acoustic since they're playing amplified.

Awwwwwwwwww jeeeeeez.........say it ain't so!
I really needed a new driveway this year!!!!!
22 days into the New Year and the Budget is all shot to hell!

Anybody have any idea what the general street price will be on this thing?
(my last PRS private stocks set me back... too much!)

Beautiful, but here's a big dilemma. Since it's A.) Private Stock and B.) a signature model, this is going to be EXPENSIVE. I'd want to be able to compare the koa model vs. the BRW version. Like there's ANY store that will have both in stock...

I figure it will be expensive, But as a longtime Lifeson fan that was sorely disgusted and disappointed with the quality and craftsmanship of the two Gibson Lifeson Signatures models, this is very welcomed news that PRS will be making them.
I bought both of the Gibson models and ended up selling them because I just couldn't get past all the defects and faults that they had. Especially at Custom Shop prices.
I'm sure this one is going to be one of my dream guitars, beyond a doubt!!!
Can't wait!!!!!

P.Lo, I too picked up the Gibson Lifeson Les Paul. I was thrilled at first, but I'm not fully happy with it overall for the price mark it was at. I mean, it's a nice guitar... but at it's price it could have been more. I'm looking forward to PRS doing the whole Alex Lifeson thing as well.

Back