Alex Lifeson Guitar/Gear Auction

And I thought my Core model was out of my price range….. lol

If I had the money, I would Defs bid on a few of em though.

Very surprised he's auctioning the white 355. Figured it the least likely.
There’s a great interview about equipment on You Tube with him. He does not appear to be very attached to any specific guitar like one would think. Does say probably his go to guitar is a non vintage no specific year Tele when writing songs. Sort of a right guitar for the job guy. Got to love him, one of my favorite bands.

Went through the catalog online today. Still need to decide whether to fork out the money for the catalog.

That said, I have a few items on my list. I will be bidding. I will likely be losing. I will not lose perspective and do something stupid. I hope.
It can be challenging to stick to your predetermined limits, but I do think some items will go for quite a reasonable price. Double check what you are bidding on, because they show the next item up.
I’ll try not to bid against you.

It can be challenging to stick to your predetermined limits, but I do think some items will go for quite a reasonable price. Double check what you are bidding on, because they show the next item up.
I’ll try not to bid against you.

There are a couple Leslie West items I'd love to jump on. I have a couple of Alex's things marked to watch.

I was surprised how much Leslie sweet stuff they had.
Also surprised how many players had an EVH guitar.
Ed gave quite a few away.
Jerry Cantrell from Alice In Chains received an ultra-rare goldtop and a few 5150 full-stacks from Ed when AiC opened for VH.
That guitar was stolen decades ago and has recently been found and reunited with Jerry.

So I FINALLY received the catalog...after a bunch of runaround with FedEx...Quite a mess, if you re-route a package.
I went to pick it up at the local FedEx drop spot, and there were 2 packages...Julians Auction House threw in 2 bonus books...one the R&R HoF , and the other on Music Icon gear for auction...haven't looked through them yet. Had to mow last night before the rain. Tons o' rain lately...But I'd buy a pair of Alex's sox, if they were available.;):p:D

Here are the results: Whitey sold for $384K...

Got outbid on everything I had an interest in. There were two items I considered going up one more level for, but they closed too quickly. They were fast on the hammer on this one.

Got outbid on everything I had an interest in. There were two items I considered going up one more level for, but they closed too quickly. They were fast on the hammer on this one.
It’s hard to compete against some of those pocket books. I remember being in the room at the first Clapton auction and having to sit on my paddle so I didn’t accidentally bid.

A few things sold for a bit less than I thought they might here, but nothing for less than double my limit.

Too bad I wasn’t interested in any of the Leslie West stuff. The big bidders didn’t seem to care about him.

Back