Albrecht's Demo

Wow. Very impressive! It's an epic journey for sure. Great job!

Thank you! I was afraid to post it here among killer-sounding metal-riffing demons like you! (well, and pro composing geniuses like Les ;) )

No rush. In fact I kind of like that I don't know what the words are. I can make it up as I go.

Right on, this way you can smuggle some hot tubs, fruity drinks, and tan lines into the lyrics :D

Sorry. Tenacious D reference I couldn't pass up.

Shame on me, I should get it. Tenacious D is our favorite band too, in fact it was them who inspired us to do all the satanic stuff :evil:

And here we go again....... In awe of your skills, song craft and vision. At the same time even more depressed about my limited abilities.

My kind of listening, I would happily spend my hard earned on more of this.

Tan lines?! :laugh:

Yea yea, ctrl+C ctrl+V... I actually never wondered about what the hell are those tan lines, simply assuming I'm not funky enough to know :D

And here we go again....... In awe of your skills, song craft and vision. At the same time even more depressed about my limited abilities.

My kind of listening, I would happily spend my hard earned on more of this.

Let's get depressed together, my friend. There are many unbelievable musicians on this forum. Though Vaughn deleted his latest stuff (until he updates it, I believe), there are John and Harw00d to name a few, who rock my world in this thread: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthr...ge-Links-Etc/page5&highlight=thousand+enemies

I've just sent a press release to a couple of magazines and I find myself in a promoter mood. So I'm gonna bring this thread back to life. There are some issues that bother me and I want to share them.

1) Promotion. Although I may seem like an attention-ho when it comes to small things, I absolutely hate to promote my work at a larger scale. When I was younger, I firmly believed that the world is so eager to see my work and I wouldn't have to move a finger to become popular. I actually believed that media actively looked out for a material to praise. Silly me. One has to contact THEM and then wait for them to accept it or not. Even worse, you have to pay them to make sure the'll write about you (that's what PR is about).
I've seen those extrovert undestructible promo approaches many times taken by different people and it was making me sick. Now I've realized I need to take the very same way and become an official attention-ho too.

2) Conceptual thinking. Contradictory to the first issue, I need to remind myself that I actually run a student project that evolves in time. By now, I have recorded one EP, I have a second EP more or less ready to be recorded, and a third (!) half way through the writing/rehearsing process. Each one of them is much heavier then the previous one. That means we already operate in a different genre than I need to sell right now. As all of them are concept albums, I can't just pick the best parts of them and mash them up in one killer album. All I can do is to skip the second and I don't want to do that.

Maybe I'm just anxious and need to calm down for good things come to those who wait :)

Back