Alabama Crimson Tide!

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
Congrats to 'Bama and their fans. Condolences to Notre Dame and theirs.

Lloyd/Goldtop/QoC

I'm not necessarily a Tide fan but proud for our state.. Congrats to Saban and the boys!!! Three National Championships is a pretty strong argument for calling it a dynasty. SEC all the way baby!!!

The Tide really stuck it to the Irish. I didn't think Notre Dame would actually win, but I was hoping for a better game.

I figured it'd be a blowout, based on the way each team played their one common opponent: Michigan (my alma mater). In Dallas, it was clear from the very start that UM and the Tide didn't belong in the same universe, let alone on the same playing field, but when M played ND, it was a close game despite 6 UM turnovers, something that told me that the 2 teams (UM and ND) were relatively close to each other.

Not coincidentally, the score of the 'Bama-Michigan game was 41-14. The game score last night was 42-14.

ND had a great season, and played over their heads at times. 'Bama is simply on a different level.

Oooph! :eek: As a Purdue dude, it's hard to side with ND, but I was hopeful of a better showing than that. I'm guessing that Markie had a few "Tourette's" moments...as did a lot of other people. The good news: it was a lot warmer at the game than it was at home. :cool:

Alabama no doubt is the best team in the country. But the BCS system is broken. Would have been fun to see what would of happenned. Also, congrats to Alabama's quaterback AJ McCarron on having such a hot girlfriend--she was the best part of the broadcast.

College football is my favorite viewing sport. I was prepared to stay up well past my normal bed time. Bama made it easy to go to bed at half time without any guilt. Congrats Tide.

Here in the Panhandle of Florida, we have more Bama Fans than we do FSU or UF.. In fact many times we refer to ourselves as being from L.A. (Lower Alabama) Of course now the main argument is who was the better coach, Saban or Bear Bryant.. One thing I would like to see is the Press getting completely out of ranking college teams. One thing that does differ between Notre Dame and Alabama.. A degree from Notre Dame will always get one a better job.. (Unless of course it is in Alabama) HA!

Back