Aging is OK, not an NGD

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
Since I don't really buy guitars much anymore, a while ago I threatened to show some old guitars. Here is the first one. Well actually it was my second PRS, but it is the first I'll share.

This was the first guitar I bought without a forced cooling off period. It came into Brent's store on its way to Canada's version of NAMM and I asked him to let me have it. PRS was OK with that, but they needed it in the show so I'd have to wait until the following week to take it home. Double 10 Hollow Body McCarty with Archtop pickups. It was awesome first play and still is.

Photos were taken yesterday and show 20 years of hanging around my music room. It has never been relegated to a less prestigious location.
CK_019RedHBTopSide.JPG

closer look at the top
CK_006RedHBTop.JPG

the back
CK_014RedHBBack.JPG

The best way to get a full appreciation for the carve on a PRS is to look from the top of the neck to the body of a hollow body
CK_012RedHBUpperHorn.JPG

nothing fancy here. Just what you need, well except the truss rod cover which some people believe belongs in the case, but I'm shallow and like good looks.
CK_002RedHBHeadstock.JPG

I suppose I should show one picture of the whole guitar
CK_017RedHBFullBack.JPG

Since I don't really buy guitars much anymore, a while ago I threatened to show some old guitars. Here is the first one. Well actually it was my second PRS, but it is the first I'll share.

This was the first guitar I bought without a forced cooling off period. It came into Brent's store on its way to Canada's version of NAMM and I asked him to let me have it. PRS was OK with that, but they needed it in the show so I'd have to wait until the following week to take it home. Double 10 Hollow Body McCarty with Archtop pickups. It was awesome first play and still is.

Photos were taken yesterday and show 20 years of hanging around my music room. It has never been relegated to a less prestigious location.
CK_019RedHBTopSide.JPG

closer look at the top
CK_006RedHBTop.JPG

the back
CK_014RedHBBack.JPG

The best way to get a full appreciation for the carve on a PRS is to look from the top of the neck to the body of a hollow body
CK_012RedHBUpperHorn.JPG

nothing fancy here. Just what you need, well except the truss rod cover which some people believe belongs in the case, but I'm shallow and like good looks.
CK_002RedHBHeadstock.JPG

CK_017RedHBFullBack.JPG
Very SeXy!

HB McCarty, my #1 axe and no others have taken it's place.
After getting that one I can see how your GAS could be stifled a bit.

CK_019RedHBTopSide.JPG

closer look at the top
CK_006RedHBTop.JPG

the back
CK_014RedHBBack.JPG

CK_012RedHBUpperHorn.JPG

CK_002RedHBHeadstock.JPG

CK_017RedHBFullBack.JPG

OH MY...that's just incredible! She's a beauty! Kudos man!

Last edited:
Back