Votes: 34 32.7%
  • 50-59

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • 60-69

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • 70+

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
I turned 44 last week. Already suffering from what my dad calls CRS......

The band rehearses on Wednesday night. It's always a lot of fun. I grabbed a case out of the closet - figured I'd play a guitar I haven't used for a while. I was all excited - I had grabbed the blue SC250...I dig that one a lot. Driving to our studio, I was rocking out to a playlist of Avantasia tunes (Broadway meets hard rock/metal) thinking/smiling about how fun it would be to rip on the 250....

I get to the studio, grab my guitar, go in...I open the case, all ready to jam....then I see THIS:

NO STRINGS!!!!!! AAAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!!!! All my excitement SHATTERED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - we all had a good laugh about it, and even though the wifey was ready to bring me another, we decided to have a "meeting" and talk about the upcoming year and some goals....

But, still.....in 30+ years of playing I have NEVER grabbed a guitar with no strings. So embarrassing!!

Dig Avantasia, and Edguy. Even got to see them once when they rolled through Chicago.

Dig Avantasia, and Edguy. Even got to see them once when they rolled through Chicago.

Sweet. The first wife and I caught Edguy at ProgPower the second time they played (V, I think?). They did a meet and greet before, and Kim (the 1st wife) walks up to Tobi Sammett, shakes his hand, leans down and proceeds to talk REALLY slow at him. He looks at me, then her, then back at me and starts laughing!!! She gets confused, and I was like, "What are you doing?!?!" She says, "Well, he's German - he probably doesn't know English that well!!" Tobi laughs again, and says "I know English PERFECTLY well, thanks for your concern though!!"

She was SOOOO embarrassed, but Tobi took it well, and hung out for a few minutes talking with us. Before he walked off, he gave us both hugs and thanked Kim for a story he can tell forever!!! It was awesome!!

42, here...and I've likely bought that many guitars in my vast two years of experience.

In hopes of staying in the good graces of you fine people...75% of those have been PRSi

+1 for the over 50’s :-/
I like the “change vote” option - Ooh I feel like being 30 again!

Turning 50 on Jan 10, 2018... 12 days.... I'm %$!@ed... seriously %$#ed... aCk!!! o_O:eek::confused::cool::D

I refuse to state my age because then nobody will want to be on my team in dodgeball.

Wait... no body volunteered to be on my team anyway.... ok then, I just turned 57.

I love dodge ball. When my brother got married, we played dodge ball while drinking heavily for his bachelor party. I haven't laughed like that for a long time!

66. I didn't get my first PRS till 2009. Totally G. Guy from music school till 2000. Zero G now. 11 PRSi.

Just turned 44 a few days ago. Got my first PRS trading a 58 RI Tele I got on my 43rd birthday. Need to post up about it, it does have one peculiar aspect of it (prototype pickup labeled "ERock 3" by Paul, himself).

44 as well since Oct, actually got my first PRS in the late 90s and didn't bond with it so traded it for a Musicman EVH, have grown over the years and in 2015 bought an S2 Mira, now I have 3 S2s, a Core and an SE Zack...looking forward to 18 might pick up a bolt on neck...

70 years. 5 PRS's - 3 US 2 Korean.

First and second are '93 EG and CE22 , followed by SE custom semi-hollow and Tremonti, lastly PSRS Experience P22 ( 2013 I think)

53 and holding. 5 PRS, HB 12, HBII, 594DC, CU24 Handsigned, and a naturally road worn 94 McCarty. Love them all. Perhaps A JM PRS Strat or a Core Acoustic this January if PRS ordains them to be. Hopefully the acoustic will be a 12 string!

Back