• 50-59

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • 60-69

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • 70+

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Mole351

I've often wondered what the demographic is (age-wise) of the majority of PRS guitar players and those on this board. After seeing the 50-year old club I thought I'd create a poll.

I got my first PRS (SE) n my late 30s after looong hiatus from playing, and my first core when I turn 40 last year. Before that had always dug PRS but never even considered buying one as I couldn't fathom spending that much money on a guitar. Not sure if it's a midlife crisis or just in a better spot financially, or both…but no regrets here. Pretty sure I fit the stereotype – LOL.

Turned 50 this year. I got my first PRS 20 years ago when I coul only afford one guitar at a time. More discretionary income today, thankfully.

Nice idea, good to know this info, ............but....................I don't think you should have an option to change your answer.
What's the purpose of that? So people can make themselves younger?o_O

I went back and changed mine, took a decade or so off it............................don't feel any younger though.:oops:

I am 51 and will be 52 in May. Only recently acquired my first PRS and although it's just a SE Standard I'm loving it. I'm amazed by the quality of this guitar that only cost me $400 initially. Hoping I'll be able to buy a 2nd in the near future, this one probably a non trem.

I like the idea here. What would be cool is a graph where we could chart the age on one side and the level of good to shitty on the other and just see what the line looks like!

I turned 44 last week. Already suffering from what my dad calls CRS......

The band rehearses on Wednesday night. It's always a lot of fun. I grabbed a case out of the closet - figured I'd play a guitar I haven't used for a while. I was all excited - I had grabbed the blue SC250...I dig that one a lot. Driving to our studio, I was rocking out to a playlist of Avantasia tunes (Broadway meets hard rock/metal) thinking/smiling about how fun it would be to rip on the 250....

I get to the studio, grab my guitar, go in...I open the case, all ready to jam....then I see THIS:

NO STRINGS!!!!!! AAAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!!!! All my excitement SHATTERED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - we all had a good laugh about it, and even though the wifey was ready to bring me another, we decided to have a "meeting" and talk about the upcoming year and some goals....

But, still.....in 30+ years of playing I have NEVER grabbed a guitar with no strings. So embarrassing!!

I'm 61. Started playing when I was just a youngin.

My first guitar.

TerryKenny.jpg

Back