Advise needed

Iceman101

There's always room for one more.....
This isn't my book but it belongs to my former salesperson/tech. He resently closed shop and today he showed me this. I don't know if it has any collectorsvalue. Does anybody know perhaps?
I phone pics are not great but will do for now I guess. Condition is near mint. Any info appreciated.
jcTLLrA.jpg

Pnq47a7.jpg

wKQ5fOt.jpg

You've got the more rare book...the limited 200 edition...there was another hardcover book that was a 6000 limited edition as well...yours is of higher value....IIRC, I paid $95 for my #784 of 6000 copies some years ago, hand signed by PRSh...not sure what that would be nowadays...

Hi Iceman

What your book looks like to me is a first edition of the PRS Book, which was limited to 6,000, that was then made even rarer by adding the ‘Private Stock’ cover and dust jacket signed by Paul. (Done by the factory no doubt).

I had one of the original 6,000 first edition books (bought back in '99 then lost in a house move). They were hard-back in a slip case and all numbered. There was also a flyer inside to return to see if you’d won a guitar (a CE from memory). As mentioned, I think the publish date was 1999 (I’ve liked PRS guitars for a long time!).

There is a non-Private Stock version of the 1999 first edition for sale in the link below at $125.

https://biblio.co.uk/book/prs-guitar-book-burrluck-dave/d/1055127887

Last edited:
I'm also kind of impressed Paul though to 'Private Stock' a book. (Who knew such a thing was even possible). It's a long time since I did any economics but I have a suspicion we're looking at utility maximisation. I wonder what they originally sold for as a premium over the 'normal' first edition version.

Very Nice!

I wound up getting a couple of the proof pages from this book that were signed as a Christmas present from my newly minted fiancee way back when.

Back