Advice please

Ordered the memory upgrade Friday. Went with free delivery and surprisingly it landed on my doorstep yesterday morning.
Fitting was incredibly easy.
Pleased to report it has worked and Garage Band is back to how it used to run in fact it’s probably quicker.
I didn’t get to spec this machine when I bought it as it came from a retailer already built. Will definitely go for the max ram in future when I get a new one eventually.

New macs have a line in still, it's just part of the headphone jack. 4 conductor I believe.

So it's only mono line in, but I think the other one was as well (unless you were using optical SPDIF, which was a cool feature the machines used to have.)

The old ones are stereo line in.
You get to choose which input, left, right or both. When using both the active track has the little stereo icon displayed.

I spent a lot of time recording last couple of days. Sat down to tidy it all up with laptop in lounge as I’m home alone atm and ended deleting most of it as it sounded cr@p. Doesn’t matter how good the gear is, if the playing isn’t up to standard.

Back