Adjustable wraparound

Zhigarev

Hi! I've been searching for adjustable replacement for the bridge at my singlecut.
1gf2WyufoZo.jpg

At first I bought tonepros avt2p bridge, but this thing suck - it is too fat, impossible to adjust proper string action. The only thing I liked about it is locking studs, so I use them with original prs bridge. From now no problem with restring!

Now I am in search again. I went through dozen of options and ended with:
1. Original prs adjustable bridge, but waaaay too expensive for me
2. Mann made adjustable bridge - awesome, but again - too much expensive

and more possible:
3. Graphtech Resomax wraparound - a bit off-the-look, but in general ok
j9DayqwQD3A.jpg

4. Schaller Signum - looks like original prs, but for god sake WHY they put that ugly "signum" mark on the top???
e40nMIyqYz4.jpg

So, tears aside, what you think about schaller and graphtech? Any expirience? They are affordable and easy to buy in my area.

Last edited:
As far as I know Schaller currently is the manufacturer of the PRS adjustable and Piezo stoptails.

i have the graphtech piezo on a se and love it. but when it came to my core, i got the prs. wanted to have a bridge spec by prsh. I actually purchased it from Mann. I have a Mann 2300 Bridge on the way for a luthier build. IT will be my first experience with it. From what i have seen on the forum it is a dead ringer for the PRS one and is cheaper. So if it was me, give it a look. Also, John does have a sale going at the moment.

I use Jason Schroeder bridges on my stoptails. CHeck out Schroeder Guitars. The bridges are machined aluminum with brass inserts, and the shape is great when you rest your hand on it.

How do you find quality of graphtech? Even on the picture it looks like a toy...

My question for you is what issues are you having with the stock PRS stop tail ??
If I were you I would save my $$$ and get the Mann Made bridge if you must make a change John is a great guy and makes super stuff

I've upgraded to the John Mann 2300 Model Adjustable Bridges on both my McCarty and Ted Single Cut.

Audible difference in sustain and intonation over the stock PRS stoptail. Worth every penny, imho.

My question for you is what issues are you having with the stock PRS stop tail ??
If I were you I would save my $$$ and get the Mann Made bridge if you must make a change John is a great guy and makes super stuff

I've upgraded to the John Mann 2300 Model Adjustable Bridges on both my McCarty and Ted Single Cut.

Audible difference in sustain and intonation over the stock PRS stoptail. Worth every penny, imho.

This!

I notice the Mann bridge for sale ($150). They look nice and I have one of his strat units.

2 questions:

For my 2013 CU22 core... Should I get Satin or brushed?
What about the 20$ upcharge for slots? Have you, or your setup luthers, had to deepen some for radius perfection - Or the slots the perfect radius depth right out of the box?

I notice the Mann bridge for sale ($150). They look nice and I have one of his strat units.

2 questions:

For my 2013 CU22 core... Should I get Satin or brushed?
What about the 20$ upcharge for slots? Have you, or your setup luthers, had to deepen some for radius perfection - Or the slots the perfect radius depth right out of the box?

They'll be the correct radius right out the box.

Ok, thanx everybody! I've decided to stay with stock bridge. I can tolerate 1 string a bit out of tune after 7th fret. The only thing I made, is replace original studs with TonePros locking studs, now no problem with restring!

I have a problem with the Mannmade stoptail bridge set which I bought a few weeks ago.
The studs that were provided had a larger radius than the original ones on my McCarty rosewood, so the bridge wont fit.
I emailed and spoke to John about getting a replacement.
He said he would send them to me but I have yet to receive it.
So I am stuck with a "useless" bridge while I wait for the replacement studs.

I have a problem with the Mannmade stoptail bridge set which I bought a few weeks ago.
The studs that were provided had a larger radius than the original ones on my McCarty rosewood, so the bridge wont fit.
I emailed and spoke to John about getting a replacement.
He said he would send them to me but I have yet to receive it.
So I am stuck with a "useless" bridge while I wait for the replacement studs.

I don't see the problem here. There was an issue, and John is taking care of it. What's your point?

Bodia, it's been more than 2 weeks since John spoke to me. He was supposed to send me the replacements more than a week ago. But I have not received any messages that the posts were sent out. I've emailed him twice but there was no reply, hence my frustration.

So........... coming here to complain resolves the issue? John will get you sorted. Keep your communications with the those specifically/directly involved and all will be well. I know delays can be frustrating so I get it. I have had to deal with delays on various things over the years from various companies.

Back