Adding trem-up routing to a PRS

doomscroll

Has anyone here shipped their guitars off to the PTC to have trem-up routing added like what's on the Tremonti models? Is this something they even do?

I suppose you can do it but why? The core trem is set to allow for a half step up or down. Do you need more than a half step?

I suppose you can do it but why? The core trem is set to allow for a half step up or down. Do you need more than a half step?

Depends on how you use the bridge. I smack the trem into the top of my guitars all the time. CLACK!

I'd love to have an uprout. No idea if the PTC would add one, but the catch would be how to finish the newly exposed wood. I guess you could use a little flat black paint like on some Floyd Rose equipped guitars. Wouldn't hurt to email them to ask.

The PTC won't do it now. They aren't doing anything but Warranty work right now. Covid, plus their already huge backlog, have made it "all hands on deck" trying to clear orders.

I got spoiled doing all of my Dimebag style squeals on my Floyds and EBMM Petrucci models :p

For everyone else: I'm totally okay with some kind of flat black paint for the cut out portion. I love my finish and all the dings, dents, scratches, and chips that are on it.

It's a bummer to hear about the backlog, though. This is definitely a plan for the future.

Back