Adding Out Of Phase Control

Malloc

I know some of you probably suffer from the same syndrome I do: endlessly tinkering on your perfectly good instruments.

Ever since I accidentally installed some out of phase pickups (and subsequently fixed) I wanted to have access to that sound by choice. Since my poor P22 hasn’t gotten any work in awhile I decided to pull out an old set of 57/08s I’d gotten cheap and swap the 85/15s it’s had recently (honestly I didn’t care for them in this particular guitar anyway). Along the way I put in a push/pull volume for phase swapping the neck since it already has a push/pull tone for separate bridge split.

The result? Successful confirmation that I do like the out of phase sound and it’s quite different from the other split combinations. As an unintended result, I can use it to choose screw vs slug coil for the neck split (mine is wired to have position 4 as a solo neck split).

I know some of you probably suffer from the same syndrome I do: endlessly tinkering on your perfectly good instruments.

Ever since I accidentally installed some out of phase pickups (and subsequently fixed) I wanted to have access to that sound by choice. Since my poor P22 hasn’t gotten any work in awhile I decided to pull out an old set of 57/08s I’d gotten cheap and swap the 85/15s it’s had recently (honestly I didn’t care for them in this particular guitar anyway). Along the way I put in a push/pull volume for phase swapping the neck since it already has a push/pull tone for separate bridge split.

The result? Successful confirmation that I do like the out of phase sound and it’s quite different from the other split combinations. As an unintended result, I can use it to choose screw vs slug coil for the neck split (mine is wired to have position 4 as a solo neck split).

Coolio!

Back