Add 5 PRS to your collection

Hmmm really only need 2 to finish the collection but the Vela would be fun I will fill the rest with amps

Hollowbody II
SC250 or SCT ( it would be cool to get back my rosewood neck one or there is another great one I know of )
Vela with a Mann Trem ( the VR one is cool but I don't like Floyds )
DG30 with Cab
HXDA

When you're ready for the DG30, let me know.

1.) Collection Series IX Quilt
2.) PS SC 594
3.) One of the NOS ME1's that they finished up in 2012 w/ modern hardware and 57/08s. Abalone finish and stoptail please!
4.) Cu24 Floyd
5.) Cu22 Piezo

Guitars, amps, basses...whatever.
It was hard for me to only do 5...so feel free to break the rules. :D
In no particular order(except the 1st, cause that's the first I'd buy if I could) -

1) Tonare Grand
2) Modern Eagle I
3) Paul's 28
4) Singlecut Dragon
5) SC594
6) Grainger GG4
7) '86 'Standard'
8) Dirty 100
9) Double neck
10) Westie

Well, I guess I kinda have the first 2 1/2 covered.......If you substitute a "1 of 25" of the DGT with pernambuco for the Paul's 28.Worthy quest.

Vela
JA-15
Miss March
SC-J hardtail (I already have a Bigsby)
25th anniversary Swamp Ash Special or NF3

...that's pretty much it, for me, right now. Maybe swap my Hollowbody II for a Hollowbody II maple neck artist package, ditto 513 (509 maple neck),

1. Private Stock Custom 24 Hardtail, Pomegranate, WT Neck, Braz Board, 57/08 pickups.
  2. Private Stock SC245 Semi-hollow (no f-holes), Ultra Violet, WT Neck, Ebony Board, 58/15 LT pickups
  3. Private Stock Hollowbody I, Ruby Red, WT Neck, Braz Board, Artist Pickups (no piezo)
  4. Private Stock Tonare Grand, Walnut back and sides, European Spruce Top
  5. Private Stock Hollowbody Bass 4 (Guitar of the Month January 2016), Electric Tiger
It's not as though I hadn't pondered this question before!

Can't do it. I look at the models other people post, and I say "yep, I want those", to all of the posts.

How about my next 5 if I could find them at good prices, with a couple "wishful thinkings"?

JA-15
DC3 (maple board, birds, seafoam green)
513 or 509, RW neck
Grainger Bass-5
RL CE

Wishfuls:
Tonare grand or PS Angelus
PS SC HB piezo with crazy quilt, ebony board, and some sort of exotic but still musical neck wood - cocobolo perhaps

Lots of great “oh yeah, that one too” findings in reading everyone’s posts. I’ll go a little more in depth on a few of mine.

Tonare Grand - If you’ve been here for any length of time, you’ve heard me blather on about wanting one. As to which, I’m not 100%. Only because it’s hard to find them. I’ve played the core versions, a mahogany and a cocobolo. I’ve played a couple PS - Mr. Mintzer’s all hog(which is magnificent and warm. Also a cocobolo that was used when I was in Memphis. If the funds were available, I’d have bought it on the spot. It was gorgeous and sounded incredible. I’ve always wanted to try a maple back/sides/neck model. After all, the SJ200 is the original guitar that got me on a jumbo style kick. So the maple is high on my list to play. I suppose I’ll have to hit casa de Les to hear that one. I’ve not put forth a ton of effort searching since I don’t have the money laying around anyway. What I do know is that I need “a cannon”. One that has a lot of volume and punch. Sooner or later this HAS to happen. I’ll feel incomplete til it does.

SC594 - I made a mistake, really. Brian had a rad quilt charcoal contour burst on his first run. I should’ve jumped and never looked back. Checked every box. Being obsessed with my PS though, I worried it might not get enough play time if I didn’t get a PS version. So I wanted frostbite glow with dog hair back, Peruvian neck, ebony board. Who knows if that’ll ever happen. I should’ve just got the one from Brian. Checked all the boxes, just not the PS refinements.

The ‘86 - I’ve always kinda preferred all hog for the 24 fret platform. A pearl white or powder blue. I’m not certain on the year. As long as it was early and sounds killer, I’d be happy. I need an early piece of PRS history and this one appeals most to me.

More later...

A Tonare tease for V.
CK_312CollectionTop.JPG

A year on the 594 has taught me one thing: right, wrong or otherwise, I crave another equipped with rock/metal upgrades. It needs a trem, also, and I'd even consider a Floyd. \m/ pickups or similar. Pattern vintage shares just enough in common with the specs of prior loves (defunct EVH models) to deliver some of the same feel, just coupled with a much cozier scale length for my purposes. The potential for a shred machine seems strong. Or maybe I need counseling.

Instead of trying to undo all the work put into the intended design like a toddler running amok with crayolas, maybe I could just learn to love a CU24 equally, like the rest of the world. (Hmm, could pattern vintage exist as an option for CU22/24?)

Rather than trying to correct my previous attempt at a list, I'm just going to say pretty much any solid-body with a RW neck in the sub-25" scale range could get snatched up. Ditto anything with Alex LIfeson's name on it.

Back