Acoustic PRS neck size?

Isaac cruz

I was wondering, how do the acoustic PRS necks feel, especially when compared to the electrics. The acoustic neck profile I wonder about is the “wide” neck. I only have experience with the electric “wide fat neck” and the “vintage pattern” on the 594s.

I don’t have the option of trying them out unfortunately.

I was wondering, how do the acoustic PRS necks feel, especially when compared to the electrics. The acoustic neck profile I wonder about is the “wide” neck. I only have experience with the electric “wide fat neck” and the “vintage pattern” on the 594s.

I don’t have the option of trying them out unfortunately.

I believe they all have Wide Fat necks. At least outside of Private Stock. All of the current models on the PRS website are listed with Wide Fat.

I believe they all have Wide Fat necks. At least outside of Private Stock. All of the current models on the PRS website are listed with Wide Fat.

So in theory it should have the same neck as my 245 SE?

The Core models from several years ago, and the PS models were/are neither the W/F or any other previous PRS pattern that I can tell (I’ve had both, still have the PS).

Maybe the SE acoustics are different from the Core and PS models.

If you’re looking at one of the older Core versions, or the PS version, the ones I’ve had are wider than the W/F or Pattern necks.

The Core models from several years ago, and the PS models were/are neither the W/F or any other previous PRS pattern that I can tell (I’ve had both, still have the PS).

Maybe the SE acoustics are different from the Core and PS models.

If you’re looking at one of the older Core versions, or the PS version, the ones I’ve had are wider than the W/F or Pattern necks.

How would you describe the neck? Is it chunkier than a 594s neck (for me the 594 neck is uncomfortable because of the chunkiness).

How would you describe the neck? Is it chunkier than a 594s neck (for me the 594 neck is uncomfortable because of the chunkiness).

I know nothing about the neck of the SE versions, so if you’re after one of the SEs, what I have to say is completely irrelevant.

The neck on my PS is wider than Wide Fat; it’s called “Wide,” and has a 2 3/16 string spacing, so it feels different. The neck on my Core felt a little less wide, if memory serves. At the time, two different widths were offered. But it was still wider feeling than a Wide Fat or Pattern neck.

I love chunky necks, and find them more comfortable to play than thinner ones.

I have the benefit of having owned both SE and Core. There is no comparison between the electric wide/fat and a Core Acoustic.
That being said, I've owned only one PRS electric with a neck carve that compares to an SE acoustic; an SE Akesson. Really big.
The SE acoustic neck is very comfortable. Better than my son's 400 series Taylor. Didn't as good, though.
I have a 2012 Core Angelus. The neck is rounder and wider than the SE acoustics. I wish it were a bit narrower. It sounds amazing, though.
The most comfortable acoustic neck I've ever played is a Takamine EF341. One of the first issues before the cutaway. Sold mine and have regretted it ever since.
Summary: If you like chunky, an SE acoustic will do you well. If you want chunkier still, a core.

Thanks guys, seems like the prs acoustics arent for me then. I only like slim necks.

SEs necks are slimmer than cores, and I've played more than one of each. I would recommend a PRS SE acoustic over any similarly priced model. I'm looking for an A50 for a patio guitar to save my core Angelus.

Back