Acoustic nut widths

Discussion in 'Acoustic Guitars' started by Jeff Blaylock, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Jeff Blaylock

Jeff Blaylock New Member

I just joined this forum to gain some info. I'm hoping to become an entry level (under $1000) PRS owner, (new or used) Problem is, I can't seem to find one with a 45mm or 1/3/4" wide nut. Nut widths seem to be a secret on the web page as most models don't show this info in their specifications. I've had to do my own research by checking on-line sales stores that (sometimes) do list this info. So far, I can't find a list of current and past models, showing the respective specs and nut widths. I'd sure appreciate it if somebody would post this info so I can streamline my search efforts. I've already done a general search of the forums here and found no such threads.
    Thanks a bunch, Jeff.

2. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

You are right - the nut width is not listed on the PRS Product page for the SE Angelus. It used to be. Weird.

Anyway: According to Sweetwater page for the SE Angelus A30, the nut width is 1.656", or 1 21/32".

That sounds like what I feel on my SE Angelus. My Taylor has an ever so slightly wider nut at 1 11/16".

To get a 1 3/4" nut on a PRS acoustic, I think you have to go Private Stock or find an older core acoustic, and even then I don't know if PRS normally does that size.