Acoustic neck profiles

steve1958

Hi
I'm a newbie so hope you allow me a little slack. I'm in the market for a new medium body electro acoustic. I've played an electric Custom 22 for several years and love this guitar's Pattern Thin neck profile. So much so I'm wondering whether PRS build any acoustic with the same or very, very similar profile? Your help and advice would be appreciated.

I’m pretty sure the acoustics have thicker necks to enhance the tones and resonance. The SE line is all wide fat neck profiles. I found switching between that neck and a pattern thin profile of a CE not as difficult as it may sound. I find the pattern vintage of the 594 to be the chunkiest.

Thanks for your view guys. Interesting point about tone. In your experience have either of you come across an acoustic from different maker that has what you'd consider PRS Pattern Thin profile?

I dont know the specs but breedlive necks have slimmer easy to play necks.

I have an Alveraz acoustic which has a 1.75" nut width, which is OK but nowhere near as playable as my PRS Custom 22 with a Pattern Thin neck profile. A Breedlove Solo Concert appears to have a 1.89" neck width, so could be easier to play but I can't find the neck radius to be sure. I find the PRS Thin profile really helps in wrapping you hand around to make those spread finger positions.

Ots a
I have an Alveraz acoustic which has a 1.75" nut width, which is OK but nowhere near as playable as my PRS Custom 22 with a Pattern Thin neck profile. A Breedlove Solo Concert appears to have a 1.89" neck width, so could be easier to play but I can't find the neck radius to be sure. I find the PRS Thin profile really helps in wrapping you hand around to make those spread finger positions.

Slim C 16" radius is what I find.

Back