Accidentally bought a DGT

This is the one I, kinda/sorta by accident, bought...it will be here Friday...

TNfpdQU.jpg
Sweet!!!

guitar arrived yesterday - pics are from the listing i purchased from. played it a good bit last night and some this morning. what tone and huge sound! how about that low end - wow. even the mids and highs have a much rounder/more full sound (for lack of a better explanation) than my other guitars - especially the ce24 with 85/15's - which can have a shrill-like sound in the upper register. not sure how much of that is attributed to the heavier strings? i wouldn't think terribly much as i have 10's on my other guitars vs the 11's on the DGT.

action is a bit high and getting used to the higher frets - definitely doesn't play as smooth as the lower action/fret guitars - have to work harder for the notes but the tone and pronunciation is a fine trade-off. still plays smooth - just not as effortlessly. i may have the action lowered just a tad and switch to 10's. only type of playing the taller frets are not as good for (for me) are barring slides - playing the bobby part of the intro to terrapin station for example if familiar with that song. have to really press hard to get the notes to ring.

overall i'm blown away - obviously in honeymoon phase but think this may well be a keeper...hard part to come would be figure out what needs to go. ah well - don't need to make that decision just quite yet!

InPJ8we.jpg
9gRzVwa.jpg
7tUOcaD.jpg
SCI9Tbl.jpg
NDSMPj1.jpg
fQvkU7T.jpg

Wow, what a great DGT~!...This guitar with the bigger frets and '11s' demands that you play with conviction and proper pick attack; at least mine does, and that's not a bad thing for the overall tone. And the action, compared to my Core Santana is just the very, very tiniest bit higher than it. But I'm not going to change to '10s' and risk changing the balance of tone.

It's DGT-mania time~!:D

Last edited:
Going to throw some 10's on it - any adjustments I'd need to make other than checking intonation?

Or maybe leave as is at first in case I want to go back to 11's. I like the 11's - just think I'd prefer 10's as that's what I'm used to playing

Back