Accidentally bought a DGT

Mole351

Well - not accidentally...but certainly wasn't planning on buying one!

Have been wanting to try one for awhile and saw one pop up for an amount that I know I can unload and not lose any money so scooped it up. Completely unexpected and on a whim. Guess it's kinda like renting one since I've not been able to find one to try out close to where I live. Now the question is how wiling I will be to part with it - or another guitar(s) as I have no business buying a new guitar right now - d'oh!

I recently acquired a grissom myself and I never thought that I was a prs guy but this guitar made me a believer. I know you bought it so you could flip it but you might regret that after you sell it.

Well - honestly my hope is that I like it so much I want to keep it...trouble then would be deciding what would then need to be unloaded.

It's a 2017 Goldtop with birds and a dark back (most of the new ones have the light/uncolored back I believe). 7.7 lbs

Will post picks when it arrives!

I also, but not by accident, bought a DGT today, it's incoming from Chuck Levin's 'Very Deep Vault'. That's the place where, as some of you already know, all their incredible NOS guitars have been warehoused for years and years. The only way I found it was to go to their website and then call to make sure the price wasn't a website 'typo', then to my great surprise knocked more $$$ off. Will post pictures once the guitar is literally in my hands in a couple of days. Maybe an "Official DGT Love Club" should be started?

Edit: I couldn't resist so I posted a snapshot the salesman at Chuck's sent me to get my 'approval'...

Last edited:
I also, but not by accident, bought a DGT today, it's incoming from Chuck Levin's 'Very Deep Vault'. That's the place where, as some of you already know, all their incredible NOS guitars have been warehoused for years and years. The only way I found it was to go to their website and then call to make sure the price wasn't a website 'typo', then to my great surprise knocked more $$$ off. Will post pictures once the guitar is literally in my hands in a couple of days. Maybe an "Official DGT Love Club" should be started?
how does one find this Very Deep Vault on their website ?

How does one find this Very Deep Vault on their website ?

I exaggerated and meant it as a little joke, because it was said in the past they hadn't inventoried in years and finally found what they had lying around. What they have on their website(as far as I know) is what they have in stock. But they DO have some NOS, meaning PRS guitars that are many model years old. In my case a New Old Stock 2011 DGT in the exact finish(Cherry Sunburst) I was looking to buy and never thought I'd see one for sale that wasn't used. Not that there aren't other PRS dealers that have NOS, but I thought of Chuck's first. I hope that clears things up...

Last edited:
This is the one I, kinda/sorta by accident, bought...it will be here Friday...

TNfpdQU.jpg

Last edited:
Chuck`s is famous for leaving stuff in the basement in storage, forgetting about it, and then finding it and selling it. It`s part of what makes it a fun place to buy. They also have a couple of guys working there who know more about guitars than many manufacturers.

Back