Accidental NGD... the EG

Man

Yup that does it. I am about to start a quest to find one of these. I had to abort the frankenstrat project I started a couple of months back...I still crave the "quack", but to be honest...I am loyal to a fault, to our beloved brand...when I started the project...it me feel dirty...and not in a good way.:confused: I know I have more issues than Readers Digest.:D Anyway, one of these is now officially at the tippy top of my short list of must haves in my life!

Time to prep for "Gingergeddon 3" for anyone not familliar with that...that's what happens at my house when my wife sees the FedEx dude pull up... aka NGD#3. When it happens just look away...nobody needs to see that...trust me...I mean nobody. :eek:
Have it sent to a friend's house. At least you won't get the truck beat down.

Awesome sauce. I had two of those. A blue sparkle and a white one. I kinda wish I would have kept one.

Have it sent to a friend's house. At least you won't get the truck beat down.

Yeah, I have to have gear shipped to an undisclosed location. If the driver sees an oblong box and my name, it's game over...pffffttt...he's a sissy...I mean he DID come out of the coma...how was I supposed to know he would show up while I was out running errands...collateral damage...it happens...geeeze!

Awesome sauce. I had two of those. A blue sparkle and a white one. I kinda wish I would have kept one.

@Atomic and @WD 3D ...how's the neck? I've gotten REALLY attached to the W/F on my CR. I never could get on with the CU24 SE I had before it. For three singles on a PRS I won't get killed for buying (if she finds out) I just can't see where scoring one could be anything but a win...unless the neck is too "skinny" for me..thoughts? Thanks in advance, for any and all advice fellas!

@Atomic and @WD 3D ...how's the neck? I've gotten REALLY attached to the W/F on my CR. I never could get on with the CU24 SE I had before it. For three singles on a PRS I won't get killed for buying (if she finds out) I just can't see where scoring one could be anything but a win...unless the neck is too "skinny" for me..thoughts? Thanks in advance, for any and all advice fellas!

Honestly I haven't played with it much but, then again, the Paul's Guitar and the SHSpecial from the Experience call to me each and every time I get near them limiting what time I do have for others. The EG isn't my favorite neck but, like all the PRS guitars I have, its comfortable and certainly playable. It doesn't feel like a skinny neck though if that is your main concern.

Man

Anyway, one of these is now officially at the tippy top of my short list of must haves in my life!

Time to prep for "Gingergeddon 3" for anyone not familliar with that...that's what happens at my house when my wife sees the FedEx dude pull up... aka NGD#3. When it happens just look away...nobody needs to see that...trust me...I mean nobody. :eek:

Your nearby UPS Store is your best friend :D:cool:

Your nearby UPS Store is your best friend :D:cool:

HA! NO it isn't i think most of the hillbillies around think UPS deliveries are made by a cowboy driving a stagecoach. There isn't a place to even ship a package within 40÷ miles of me. I live right accross the street from the post office...not an option.You should see our mail carrier and her delivery methods, if she has to actually deliver to your door its ugly. I nickmaned her "Large Marge the Chainsmoking Lady-Beast" I try to keep my head down and not make eye contact.

HA! NO it isn't i think most of the hillbillies around think UPS deliveries are made by a cowboy driving a stagecoach. There isn't a place to even ship a package within 40÷ miles of me. I live right accross the street from the post office...not an option.You should see our mail carrier and her delivery methods, if she has to actually deliver to your door its ugly. I nickmaned her "Large Marge the Chainsmoking Lady-Beast" I try to keep my head down and not make eye contact.

Genuine, uncontrollable laughter and yes I went visual!

I found the neck to be pretty good. I have a ‘95 cu24 with a “regular carve” neck and I found the neck on the se eg to be similar if not a hair narrower at the nut.

Genuine, uncontrollable laughter and yes I went visual!

Glad I could be of assistance my brother!:D I'll see if I can sneak a pic of her in her natural habitat. I need an aderenalyn rush...but I ain't tryin to get killed...I can't run very fast (at all). Plus, I only have 1 tranquilizer dart left..I'm saving it for the redhead for my NGDo_O

Last edited:
Honestly I haven't played with it much but, then again, the Paul's Guitar and the SHSpecial from the Experience call to me each and every time I get near them limiting what time I do have for others. The EG isn't my favorite neck but, like all the PRS guitars I have, its comfortable and certainly playable. It doesn't feel like a skinny neck though if that is your main concern.
The neck on my SE EG feels about like a W/F. Plays pretty easily. :)
I found the neck to be pretty good. I have a ‘95 cu24 with a “regular carve” neck and I found the neck on the se eg to be similar if not a hair narrower at the nut.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the imput. I have been stalking a couple of contenders. I need that one with a trem for sure. I got to play a G&L a couple of days ago...the neck was outstanding, and the tone was kliller...walking to my car, I had an immense feeling of guilt...I felt so dirty:oops:.I think I'm gonna write PRSh a letter to beg his forgive me for my infidelty:(

.I can't run very fast (at all). Plus, I only have 1 tranquilizer dart left..I'm saving it for the redhead for my NGDo_O

You better have a good aim, Redheads move like the wind!

[QUOTE="ScottR, post: 410360, member: 18992”]..I felt so dirty:oops:.I think I'm gonna write PRSh a letter to beg his forgive me for my infidelty:([/QUOTE]

Say 12 Hail Marys! (Don’t know what they are, but it sounds good!)

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the imput. I have been stalking a couple of contenders. I need that one with a trem for sure. I got to play a G&L a couple of days ago...the neck was outstanding, and the tone was kliller...walking to my car, I had an immense feeling of guilt...I felt so dirty:oops:.I think I'm gonna write PRSh a letter to beg his forgive me for my infidelty:(

I hope it’s blue too....

I hope it’s blue too....

I think the correct answer would include "blew".....:eek:

Last edited:
Back