Access/Remove/Replace Vol pot in HBii

Callan

hack guitarist..
The volume pot in my HBii+Piezo has become a bit unreliable.
It sometimes works fine, but others seems to be in need of a good clean (scratchy, volume jumping about, etc.)

Has anybody taken a pot out of their HBii and any advise on how they went about it?
I'm not sure if it will fit through the cutout, or do you need to bring it out with the piezo board via the side panel.

I've got some suitable pots around for replacements if needed, but will try and clean it out first - I just need to understand how to best access it.
Hoping to bring this guitar back to being gig-ready this weekend.

Cheers,

I've never done it on an HB but if I were going to I would think bridge pickup hole would be the most likely escape route.

I think I would by some tubing that would fit tight on the pot shaft to help pull them back into place.

That's all I got.

I’ve heard of using dental floss so that you can access the pots through the F hole
Thanks BT - I was able to get to the pickup switch via the F hole when I changed out the pickups, that's what I was going to start with, but it just didn't look like there was a lot of room.

I've never done it on an HB but if I were going to I would think bridge pickup hole would be the most likely escape route.
I think I would by some tubing that would fit tight on the pot shaft to help pull them back into place.
That's all I got.
Thanks Gush - Yes great ideas. I wonder if I could reach through the pickup hole and how long the cable is.
Time will tell I'm sure

Back