AC/DC

IKnowALittle

The way that Angus handled Brian's troubles with his hearing and not being to continue the tour was amateur hour personified and rather disgusting. After 36 years, he hangs him out to dry ... total disgrace.

At least Brian has taken the high road.

Do we know what really happened behind closed doors between Brian and Angus? I've heard reports of Brian being basically dropped without notice, but you know how the media is, always blowing things up to make a story.

If true, it's definitely kind of a bummer. To come in after Bon Scott, then get booted just as fast after all these years, could make Brian feel like just another fill in vocalist. Which he shouldn't, because I would argue that the band was just as successful with him, probably even more successful. People can "what if" about if Bon was still with the band all they want, but the fact remains that AC/DC still kicked major ass with Brian.

All that being said, maybe there's more to the story. And, maybe Angus was really doing Brian a favor, knowing he would do the shows even if it wrecked his hearing for the rest of his life.

I'm just glad I saw them on the Black Ice tour, when it was still the real deal, with Malcolm and Brian. One of those bands I would've kicked myself for not seeing.

Most of the interviews I've seen of individual members they (speak: Angus) seemed a tad under the weather. Whatever was causing that feeling could also be attributed to the strange actions.

Make all the excuses you want, just check out the original PR and comments.
Doesn't matter if I/We know went on in the inner circle ... u can still have class and show legitimate, sincere appreciation. By the way, Brian, by contract, is full member of the band.
Lost all respect for Angus.

I haven't seen anything about "Angus hanging Brian out to dry" - is there any kind of linkage you can share?

I haven't seen anything about "Angus hanging Brian out to dry" - is there any kind of linkage you can share?

Well, it isn't the kind of thing that has specific incidence, actually it does, as I said in an earlier post, listen, and really listen to the ORIGINAL releases from the band in all the media.
No support for him at all. When they got the well-earned backlash, then there was all these press conferences and interviews, but Brian was never among them.
By the way ... no more comment, 'cause I always get in trouble, but ... Axl Rose SUCKS in this environment.

Personally, I think it has more to do with the media than anything else. Music is still a business as much as it is art, and like sports when your favorite QB goes down with a torn hamstring the coach & GM still has to try to win games with the best replacement they can find. (No matter how many fans get pissed)
I've never been a fan of Axl's vocals, although his energy & vision put G&R on the map and during a time when most of rock was going alternative and not playing much with their instruments, they (G&R) and Metallica were two of the few bands that played some decent guitar. Besides that his tone actually ACDC fits to some extent.

As for Brian Johnson, a real bummer on his hearing problems, I actually like his era over the Bon Scott period, but that was my time and my first successfully gigging band coincided with Back in Black, so we did a lot of that material.

I still think it has more to do with the media stirring up controversy though.

Malcolm was always the "boss" of the band, Angus is the frontman if you like but don't be fooled. I think if Malcolm was still in the band and they were going strong it would have been handled differently. That being said, I know someone who worked with the band for several years and never got on with Brian as a person. Maybe things came to a head and there is stuff that isn't being said.

Malcolm was always the "boss" of the band, Angus is the frontman if you like but don't be fooled. I think if Malcolm was still in the band and they were going strong it would have been handled differently. That being said, I know someone who worked with the band for several years and never got on with Brian as a person. Maybe things came to a head and there is stuff that isn't being said.

Not saying that your wrong, I have no idea. But this is how I think it works ... you can be "of" the band, but not "in" the band.
Just like sports or anything else.

Very cool, I hope he can tour again with AC/DC.
I knew that inventor would hook up with him on those in ear monitors.

Back