About to buy a 97 PRS CE Custom 24. Help?

Isha Dawaher

Hello guys,
Writing from Spain
I would like to buy a PRS CE Custom 24, but here in Madrid there aren't many used PRS CE to buy, so this is mainly the one I would like to get
https://es.wallapop.com/item/paul-reed-smith-ce24-1997-390607185

There's also this one but it's €400 more, (on the 97 one the owner agree to sell it to me for 1200e)
https://es.wallapop.com/item/prs-usa-ce-24-443950508

What do you guys think?
Which one would you go for? Also, do you know the names of those two colours?
Thank you!

I would get the older one. I like the carve on those much better. More like a Core Custom with a bolt-on. The new CEs are more their own thing.

Like the others, I'm partial to the older ones. I think the color on the 97 is Tortoise Shell.

Hello everyone! Love unison! thank you so much guys! now, that it’s pretty much chosen, would you get that very one? wouldn’t you say it has too much wear and scratches here and there? and about the price, is that okay? 1200 euros?

Btw, just found this. The owner is taking like €300 off the price. Gosh, what a beauty
PRS CE 24 1996
http://p.wallapop.com/i/408479459?_pid=wi&_uid=39743926&_me=s_ios

Thank you again

Last edited:
Is the last one mahogany? I’d try to play them if you can. By the way, an ordinary magic marker can cover the chips on the black headstock veneer. Just be careful. And there’s no bad choice.

Last edited:
Is the last one mahogany? I’d try to play them if you can. By the way, an ordinary magic marker can cover the chips on the black headstock veneer. Just be careful. And ther’s no bad choice.
Yeah, mahogany with a maple top, and the fretboard is maple and rosewood. Thank you for the marker tip!

I was wondering, because the figuring on the last one looks different. Most of them are maple/mahogany. My son has a mahogany CE24 with a maple neck that sounds amazing. The last one also has the trem decked so it won’t work properly. It’s an easy fix, as long as you disconnect the springs before you start working on it. Look up the John Mann video if you buy the last one, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Last edited:
None of them. They are asking too much (also considering the conditions).
I would still wait...
so what would be a good price for any of these? Maybe it’s the conversion or export costs? I was seeing on Reverb and the prices are kinda similar, at least in Euros. I would be more than glad to pay less for a good CE of course but I think those are the prices here. EbayUK also has similar prices, but yea the conditions of their guitars are better.

I live in Italy and look often for prices here and in euro zone.
1200 for an older CE is the maximum price I would pay and only if they are in good conditions (no dings or scratches) with case and all the tags.

Don't forget that in ads you see the price that they ask.

I live in Italy and look often for prices here and in euro zone.
1200 for an older CE is the maximum price I would pay and only if they are in good conditions (no dings or scratches) with case and all the tags.

Don't forget that in ads you see the price that they ask.
Hm, from Italy maybe the shipping costs wouldn't be too much, would it? do you know where I could see used CE's? ebay.it? or something like that? Otherwise, I think I will wait, yeah, because I think I'd rather play it than buy it without knowing if I'll like it or not.
Thank you by the way

I'd search on Reverb. But I really like the holoflake. You won't see them very often:cool:

Hi guys! I’ve tried them all and I’ve chosen the Tortoise one from 97! Beautiful guitar. I am getting it on monday after my luthier takes a look at it! Can’t wait! thank you for your help all of you!
Awesome!

Back