Abandoned Effects Pedals !!!!!!!

Texsunburst59

How many of you guys own A LOT of pedals that you're no longer using, and have been gathering dust for years?

I gigged for about 28 years, and retired from playing in 2009.

Starting in about 2000 or so I went CRAZY buying and selling A LOT of pedals, and now they're all in boxes inside a large plastic bin.

My son took a few for his board, but I still have about 24 that most likely never be used again.

Here's my list:

Boss :
1. Harmonizer HR-2
2. Compressor CS-2
3. Chorus CE-2
4. Phaser PH-1r

Barber
5. Direct Box
6.Tone Pump

Ibanez
7. Tube Screamer TS-10
8. Tube Screamer TS-9 Keeley Modded
9.Analog Delay AD-9 Keeley Modded (80's )

Pearl
10. Overdrive OD-05
11. Chorus Ch-02

Misc. Pedals

13. Menatone Dirty Blonde (early version)
14. Earthquake Tone Job
15. Amalgam Smooth Overdrive
16. Bruce Bennett Brown Sound (1st version)
17. Sub Decay Stupid Box (early version)
18 Source Audio Soundbox 2
19.Pigtronix Disnortion Micro
20. Hotone Krush

21. Dual Hermida Mosferatu
22. Hermida Zendrive (1 of first 20 ever produced)
23. Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive ( 2001 Flame Paint Job)
24 Nobels ODR-1 (early 2001 Version)

Last edited:
Still have half of my earliest pedals. My old wah pedal died in a horrible modification tragedy, but my Mu-Tron III+ is still working. I’ve got a handful of pedals, a couple that I’d tried to sell and didn’t, and about 8-10 that rotate in and out of use.

Right now is actually a really good time to sell used guitar gear. If you are sure you will never use them again, I'd throw them up on Reverb. Make your clutter shrink and your bank account grow... or those would pay for a VERY nice guitar.

Right now is actually a really good time to sell used guitar gear. If you are sure you will never use them again, I'd throw them up on Reverb. Make your clutter shrink and your bank account grow... or those would pay for a VERY nice guitar.

I'd LOVE to put them on Reverb or E-bay, but I don't ship.

I've been burned a few times and I'd heard too many horror stories on various forums.

I think I'll just try FB Marketplace and see what happens.

I'll put them up for the going market price for a few months. , and if they don't sell, then I'll try again next year.

I'd LOVE to put them on Reverb or E-bay, but I don't ship.

I've been burned a few times and I'd heard too many horror stories on various forums.

I think I'll just try FB Marketplace and see what happens.

I'll put them up for the going market price for a few months. , and if they don't sell, then I'll try again next year.

I'm sure it happens, but I think it is a lot more rare than you seem to think. I've sold about 30 pedals on Reverb in the last year and the only issue I had as a seller was one buyer who requested to cancel the order and issue a refund before I had shipped the pedal because he found one cheaper. I thought it was a ******** move, but since I hadn't shipped yet, I wasn't out anything so I gave it to him and moved on. I had a few minor issues as a buyer, but nothing that ended up costing me any money.

OP,

If you're not using the pedals regularly, or they've sat only collecting dust, might be time to move on.

Your local FB Marketplace might be a safer choice if perhaps shipping is off the table. You could always meet up with your buyer at a safe location (police station parking lot) to conduct business.

While I've not put any gear on FB recently, I have, like others, sold other items that would otherwise be too big to transport or bought items that needed picking up locally.

I'd personally avoid Craigslist because of the risk of getting burned by low-ball scammers. FB Marketplace has a better reputation (IMHO) and seems to be more upfront in its dealings than Craigslist.

I'm sure it happens, but I think it is a lot more rare than you seem to think. I've sold about 30 pedals on Reverb in the last year and the only issue I had as a seller was one buyer who requested to cancel the order and issue a refund before I had shipped the pedal because he found one cheaper. I thought it was a ******** move, but since I hadn't shipped yet, I wasn't out anything so I gave it to him and moved on. I had a few minor issues as a buyer, but nothing that ended up costing me any money.
I agree. I've sold a boat load of gear (and bought more!) on Reverb, and have only had one issue. That was with a purchase, and some less than stellar communication, and slow shipping, from the seller.

They’ll sell. I have a vintage TS9 that I’m not going to sell, but got rid of many of the others years ago. Wish I still had the CE-2 chorus, it’s a great sound. The TS10 is quite popular again due to John Mayer using one, and SRV used TS9s and 10s as well.

I’ve done a lot of buying and selling online, with very rare issues. You could pocket a good bit of cash there.

Back