A young lads first live gig

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
My 10 year old son has recently begun taking drumming lessons (don’t boo, we need them!). As we were leaving one of his lessons, I picked up a flyer for a local show. I asked him if he would like to go and he excitedly said yes.

The show was on Saturday night and we both had an absolute ball, as did my pops-in-law who is a big Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin fan.

The lead guy, Phil Walker and his Bass player Lee were kind enough to have a chat with folk at the end and Scott had his picture taken with them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nCLNMUapzCgbBF9D6

A big thank you to Phil and the band for making the young lads night. He was buzzing all the way home.

When they played Purple Rain ☔️ Scott turned to me and smiled, saying: “You play this Dad!” Haha! A great bit of Father/Son bonding.

Way to start him on the right track!
My son's first concert was Rush on the Clockwork Angels tour at 7 years old. He has been to several more shows since, he saw Sons of Apollo, and just last Sunday he went with my wife and I to see The Neal Morse Band (both of these bands include Mike Portnoy on drums) and we sat 6 feet from the lead singer. He also started drum lessons this year (at 13 years old now).

Cool. About 3 years ago my son heard about Boston playing an outdoor show close to us and aked if we could go.

I turned to him and said "HELL YES WE CAN GO "!!!!

The two of us hopped on the HD and had a total blast!!!!

Last year we went to see EW&F with Chicago, great show.

Oh, they owe you a really nice retirement home for that pair of shows.

Pfffft....for that that pair....I'm thinking more along the lines of a private jet, a vacation home in Europe. Oh, and I also don't think a large cash settlement for damages is unreasonable...and that's only because they ARE his children, hence the leniency.:D

Awesome!

We need more drummers *instructed by guitarists on how to not be jerks.* You’re doing us all a favor!

I have to say I have a new found respect for drummers. My son has a weekly lesson and the independence a drummer needs to play certain rhythms is mind boggling!

My son is 15 and a trombone player in HS. He cranks music while he's in the shower.

I hear
Boston
EW&F
Stevie Wonder
Beatles
Seether
Metallica
Chicago
Coming from downstairs bathroom.

Not all bad.

My teenage daughter is on a real Queen/Stevie Wonder thing at the moment! I’m so chuffed :D

Back