A year and three months later...

There are tons of setup videos on YT, including ones from PRS. The relief is so tight it's by feel for me.

Just remember that if you go a quarter turn at a time and don't go super far, you really can't hurt the guitar.

I was chicken on this stuff, but one day I decided to tempt fate and pull the neck off my Jem and re shim it and do a total setup top to bottom. It's not rocket science for sure. I can't do as good a job as the guitar tech I use, but I can get good enough when my strings are buzzing and I need a setup NOW

What do you set them to? Ditto action? Just curious. I half suspect it'll be by feel rather than a specific measurement but if its numbers it'd be interesting to see what you use. Oh and string guage. Again guessing but probably different for solid body vs something like a HB.

Yeah, it’s by feel, just the smallest bit of relief.

Nope, uh uh, hell naw...trussrods freak me out man. Therefore my trussrods remain untouched (by me). I'm lacking in the cajones department when it comes TR adjustments...and I'm totally cool with that...there I said it.

No need to get freaked out - it's just an adjustment to a guitar neck. It's not the kind of truss used by Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute.

5QJ1nsLJ_400x400.png

There’s a few jokes here, but I’m not gonna make them because I wouldn’t even have the b@lls to jump off that ledge, let alone what they do after!

Realize after I replied, I left myself wide open LOL and yes I wouldn’t jump off that ledge with those wings either LOL

Yeah, it’s by feel, just the smallest bit of relief.

Exactly the way I like my necks adjusted, on the flatter side with just a tinge of relief. My 1990 custom 24 wide thin neck is particularly thin, thinnest I’ve ever encountered with PRS and needs to be adjusted twice a year early winter and late spring. You know, temperature changes, humidity, high-rise building heat, I’m 40 miles north of NYC, similar to Chicago but you guys are quite a bit colder in the winter.

No need to get freaked out - it's just an adjustment to a guitar neck. It's not the kind of truss used by Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute.

5QJ1nsLJ_400x400.png

Whew! Thanks dude I feel much better now that we've cleared that up...man this changes everything.:eek:

Back