A year and three months later...

sergiodeblanc

I finally had to take the truss rod cover off my HBI and turn the rod a smidge.

VK22Rud.jpg

I’m obsessed with just the right amount of relief and straightness on my guitars, it very important to me. That’s why one by one my TRC’s get yanked and tossed into my parts “drawer”, and truss rod wrench’s are always in my gig bag and on my recording desk.

Setup is a big deal and not only for ease of playability, but it also makes some big changes in tone. If it’s not “just right” I kinda can’t stand it.

So.... Damn! A year and three months without tweaking that sh!t? That’s pretty impressive, especially in Chicagoland weather. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a brand of guitar other than PRS that’s as stable.

But you know what? The HBI was in second place! The Mighty Whitey still has its TRC on there and hasn’t needed a single tweak for..... IDK, two years almost?

Just saying the extra steps PRS takes to dry out wood (and I suppose it sitting around for ten years didn’t hurt either) really goes a long way towards a rock-solid guitar build.

VK22Rud.jpg

I’m obsessed with just the right amount of relief and straightness on my guitars, it very important to me. That’s why one by one my TRC’s get yanked and tossed into my parts “drawer”, and truss rod wrench’s are always in my gig bag and on my recording desk.

Setup is a big deal and not only for ease of playability, but it also makes some big changes in tone. If it’s not “just right” I kinda can’t stand it.

So.... Damn! A year and three months without tweaking that sh!t? That’s pretty impressive, especially in Chicagoland weather. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a brand of guitar other than PRS that’s as stable.

But you know what? The HBI was in second place! The Mighty Whitey still has its TRC on there and hasn’t needed a single tweak for..... IDK, two years almost?

Just saying the extra steps PRS takes to dry out wood (and I suppose it sitting around for ten years didn’t hurt either) really goes a long way towards a rock-solid guitar build.

Have you been sitting on them in Shawn's yoga class?

VK22Rud.jpg

What in the name of all that’s mystical is this, there’s something missing from these tuners?!;)

Nope, uh uh, hell naw...trussrods freak me out man. Therefore my trussrods remain untouched (by me). I'm lacking in the cajones department when it comes TR adjustments...and I'm totally cool with that...there I said it.
Good news is I got my CR, one year ago today and it has been flawless. I had it setup to my liking just after I got it, and it hasn't needed anything...at all, well except strings since day one! Pretty friggin awesome!

Last edited:
Back