A Trilogy

László

Too Many Notes
Instead of changing "Leaving the Galaxy" for now, I decided to incorporate it as part of a trilogy, as the Cixen Liu science fiction books that inspired it are also a trilogy.

So I composed some new stuff with the idea in mind, and finish up with "LTG".

The first movement is synth. The second and third are more orchestral. Hope you like. It's longer than my usual one minute and a half links, but so what. Maybe you'll find it an interesting way to contemplate the darker aspects of the universe?

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/trilogy

I like what you did with the panning in Part 1, Part 2 also works very nicely as an atmospheric set-piece, but I love part three. It's got a real Mussorgsky/Tchaikovsky inspired feel to it.

Thanks so much for sharing these!

I very much enjoyed “Leaving the Galaxy,” so I’ll be giving the others a listen as soon as I have a chance!

Also, Les, if you’re interested in collaborating on a multi-volume project based on written pieces, might I suggest we start putting our monthly tunes inspired by the ADA Journal? I’m sure @toothace would contribute. I see some great possibilities - “Statistical Insignificance,” “Literature Meta-Analysis,” it’s giving me goosebumps already.

Disclaimer: they will all be relaxation/sleep tracks.

I very much enjoyed “Leaving the Galaxy,” so I’ll be giving the others a listen as soon as I have a chance!

Also, Les, if you’re interested in collaborating on a multi-volume project based on written pieces, might I suggest we start putting our monthly tunes inspired by the ADA Journal? I’m sure @toothace would contribute. I see some great possibilities - “Statistical Insignificance,” “Literature Meta-Analysis,” it’s giving me goosebumps already.

Disclaimer: they will all be relaxation/sleep tracks.

Are you serious? Or is this just a drill?

I like what you did with the panning in Part 1, Part 2 also works very nicely as an atmospheric set-piece, but I love part three. It's got a real Mussorgsky/Tchaikovsky inspired feel to it.

Thanks so much for sharing these!

Thanks, I like LTG best, too. What I wanted to do was have kind of a buildup to the big moment. As if there's a big moment. LOL!!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I think the half dozen or so of us are the only human beings not related to me that'll ever hear it, but what the heck! :p

Instead of changing "Leaving the Galaxy" for now, I decided to incorporate it as part of a trilogy, as the Cixen Liu science fiction books that inspired it are also a trilogy.

So I composed some new stuff with the idea in mind, and finish up with "LTG".

The first movement is synth. The second and third are more orchestral. Hope you like. It's longer than my usual one minute and a half links, but so what. Maybe you'll find it an interesting way to contemplate the darker aspects of the universe?

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/trilogy

I understand the logistics, but how are you not scoring big budget movies?!

Yes I know you live in the wrong part of US, blah, blah, blah. But come on Les!

Are you serious? Or is this just a drill?

Is this a dentist joke?!

Back