A surprise NGD?!

The first guitar I bought was beautiful, light, resonant... I bought a wooden stand so I could hang it in the living room and I wanted to play it all the time. But there were tons of problems with it, so it went back to PRS. Almost a year later I finally got a replacement. I had sent them my 57/08s so I wouldn't have to open this one up, so they installed them for me and put a coil split switch which is great of course. But that second guitar is heavier, not as resonant, the finish is kind of...not very clear, the figuring not as nice... it's not a bad guitar but I'm just not as excited about it. It plays and feels more like a semi-hollow due to the weight I guess. They apparently never closed the ticket, so this 3rd one was sent by mistake. I never got back my original pickups from the second guitar so maybe that's why the ticket was still open? Idk. I hate to say it but when I see the second guitar hanging in the living room I just feel disappointed and I stopped playing it. There's not anything technically wrong with it, it's solid and plays well with a nice balanced sound, but but after lusting a nice light resonant PRS hollowbody with beautiful figuring for 20 years, I feel like I lost some of that with the replacement. So then this new guitar shows up and it's EVERYTHING I've ever wanted in a guitar - when I open the case I'm in awe by the figuring, the crystal clear finish, even the figuring on the binding is phenomenal. Then I play it and it's got SO MUCH resonance, and my picking like naturally responds to the resonance of the guitar, like a real hollow body. I get tingles all over my body from it, and it's the one I want hanging in the living room and the one I want to play every time I see it or think about it. So I'm like on this line between having the guitar of my dreams and back to being heart broken, especially after seeing this new one and knowing what I could have had.

I asked if I can send money instead of the guitar back so we'll see what happens. Maybe I can get the original pickups back, or a discount for not getting them, and can sell the other guitar or something.

Last edited:
I thought about that, but they installed a coil split switch so I feel like that wouldn't be right. Ugh, if I could only go back in time...

Last edited:
Back