A stand-up warranty experience with PRS...

Whitecat

Goes home to Starla
I mentioned this briefly in another thread, but for those that missed it, just want to let everyone know/remind you all how good PRS is about honouring their warranties -

Bought an S2 Starla last year and within the last few weeks a tiny spot on the upper bout started to get bigger - the finish was delaminating. It wasn't that big when I took it in (slightly bigger than a pinhead) but it had been growing...

Took it back into Guitar Village in Farnham who sent it back to PRS Europe to take a look at - 8 days later I got a call telling me a brand new guitar was enroute to replace the old one.

I picked the new one up yesterday... it's a tad lighter than the old one and has more 'flecks' in the mahogany so in my opinion even looks a little nicer. :) Very stand-up of PRS to do what they did, and I'm impressed with how quickly everything moved. The real test of customer service is when things go wrong, so it's good to know that despite what is probably a remarkably low "failure" rate in terms of unfixable issues, PRS still sorted it all out fast and without fuss. I guess if there's a downside I no longer have one of the first 1,000 S2s made - instead I now have one of the first 9,000 instead. :p

Kudos and beers all around! I'm off to play my Starla. :D

I mentioned this briefly in another thread, but for those that missed it, just want to let everyone know/remind you all how good PRS is about honouring their warranties -

Bought an S2 Starla last year and within the last few weeks a tiny spot on the upper bout started to get bigger - the finish was delaminating. It wasn't that big when I took it in (slightly bigger than a pinhead) but it had been growing...

Took it back into Guitar Village in Farnham who sent it back to PRS Europe to take a look at - 8 days later I got a call telling me a brand new guitar was enroute to replace the old one.

I picked the new one up yesterday... it's a tad lighter than the old one and has more 'flecks' in the mahogany so in my opinion even looks a little nicer. :) Very stand-up of PRS to do what they did, and I'm impressed with how quickly everything moved. The real test of customer service is when things go wrong, so it's good to know that despite what is probably a remarkably low "failure" rate in terms of unfixable issues, PRS still sorted it all out fast and without fuss. I guess if there's a downside I no longer have one of the first 1,000 S2s made - instead I now have one of the first 9,000 instead. :p

Kudos and beers all around! I'm off to play my Starla. :D

They're very good to their customers. I sent my amp in for some tweaks and a minor fix, fully expecting to pay, and they covered it under my warranty, which I thought was a very stand-up move on their part.

PS, Whitecat, that private stock Starla still makes me drool!

Over the past 24 years, and quite a number of PRSes, I've had nothing but stellar experiences when service has been necessary. It's a big part of why it's so great to be a PRS customer!

They truly are a very stand up company. I wish more companies would follow their example. Passion for quality and their customers...

Glad you got a new one ....pics would be nice lol

Back